• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younis Khan vs Rahul Dravid

Shri

Mr. Glass
Once again, their numbers are exceptional when they've had to bat second, against an absolute pile of runs. Khan's 313 was awesome, as was Dravids highest score of 270. Khan however, had to often do it with his back against the wall, wickets falling, middling batsmen trying their best to portray test players. All the while Dravid had the comfort of Tendulkar, Gangulay and even VVS and Sehwag.
You can't make a 200 in a test match without anyone else contributing anything unless you are Richards, Lara or Sehwag. So, as one can expect from you often, that statement was clueless. Color us all surprised.

Let's not forget one of the most remarkable of all test innings, Khans 171 is one of the top 5 highest 4th innings scores ever. It was match winning too. Sticking to the match winning aspect, Khan has a highest percentage of test wins away, which is made even more remarkable by the sheer weight of his runs in those wins. Most recently the 218 (I believe his 3rd away, match winning double) against England. Dravid never managed those same number of big innings.
I'm not saying Dravid couldn't play a match winning innings.

[Insert more clueless statements here]

Maybe try reading my post before posting something.
Sure thing buddy. Run along now, the adults have got some geeking out to do.

anil1405

International Captain
Nice to know Inzamam and Yousuf were trying to portray themselves as test players without much success.

watson

Banned
Highest ever run scorer for Pakistan, an average of 53, a fantastic conversion of rate of 32 x hundreds and 30 x 50s, and good averages against everybody both home and away. His 810 runs at 51 in England is a standout.

Technically as good as Dravid and just as determined. Didn't have the luxury of batting between Sehwag and Tendulkar.

I can understand why people prefer Dravid, but imo there's nothing much between the two batsman.

cnerd123

likes this
- Younis Khan isnt as technically sound or skillful as Dravid (although a batsman's technique should not be a factor when evaluating their overall career)
- Lol at the person who said that UAE isn't 'home' for Pakistan because 'one of the curators isn't Pakistani'
- Lol at the peeps trying to spin the narrative of Younis being the lone wolf in a weak lineup while Dravid beneffited from the luxury of being in the Fab 4/Fab 5.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? I got it as Sehwag- Dravid - Sachin - Laxman with Ganguly included if you're feeling generous. I dont reckon any of Bangar/Chopra/Gambhir warrant a mention here
Dhoni?

Gambhir had a golden two years, but by then Ganguly was all but retired.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really? I got it as Sehwag- Dravid - Sachin - Laxman with Ganguly included if you're feeling generous. I dont reckon any of Bangar/Chopra/Gambhir warrant a mention here
i'm being sneaky but before Sehwag there was 5 years of Dravid/Sachin/Laxman/Ganguly/Azharuddin

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not saying Dravid couldn't play a match winning innings. I'm just saying Khan has played in a larger percentage of won matches, especially away from home and he has those doubles to go along with having to bat second and save/win a match.

It's close but Khan's style, ability to score at a rate when need be AND to do so (As I said before) without the help of VVS, Ganguly, Tendulkar etc is immense.

Maybe try reading my post before posting something.

Yeah and of course, Inzy, Yousuf were such hacks... And his UAE record is only post 2010.. I do recall him cashing in big on a number of roads before that, esp. against India.

OverratedSanity

They've both hand plenty of help from their teammates and gave always had several excellent batsmen alongside them. Neither one of them is an Andy Flower - esque lone wolf or anything.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah and of course, Inzy, Yousuf were such hacks... And his UAE record is only post 2010.. I do recall him cashing in big on a number of roads before that, esp. against India.
Come on. He dominated Kumble and Harbhajan on Indian tracks. That deserves credit than just 'cashing in on road'. Sehwag's entire career including his Pakistan exploits could be reduced with the same line of thinking

cnerd123

likes this
They've both hand plenty of help from their teammates and gave always had several excellent batsmen alongside them. None of them is an Andy Flower - esque lone wolf or anything.
However, they both have played several great lone wolf innings, and that should be acknowledged.

OverratedSanity

Come on. He dominated Kumble and Harbhajan on Indian tracks. That deserves credit than just 'cashing in on road'. Sehwag's entire career including his Pakistan exploits could be reduced with the same line of thinking
Yeah his double against us on Bangalore was amazing.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Both have had long careers and saw their teams grow and evolve. There was a time when Dravid was the only guy scoring (around 01-04) when Tendulkar was kinda having a quiet time (by his standards) and the rest of the team wasn't always scoring. Of course that side from 06 on wards became much stronger, winning in England, New Zealand and the formidable Indian batting line up established itself.

Similarly, we are now looking at Pakistan's batting line up and saying wow it's so strong. But it wasn't always like this. Just take a look at Pakistan's batting line up and batting collapses around 09-10.
YK and Misbah batting at 10/2 became a meme. Yeah now with Azhar and Shafiq well established it's a different situation but this wasn't always the case at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

But they were roads.. I watched those games. Sehwag was just at a different level of domination on those roads and THAT stands out. Even the game when Irfan took a hat trick off the first over of the match was a road by the time the 10th over started. Lets face it, result wickets will not be a thing even if India and Pakistan ever manage to play another test series. Just far far too much at stake..