• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Frontyard Cricket rules

vmcburney

Cricket Spectator
My brothers and I spent a few weeks playing front yard cricket after the backyard got too cluttered with a trampoline and a bungalow. The trick is to play in the front yard but make use of the road and nature strip with shots over the front yard fence.

The usual rules of automatic wicket keeper applied. There were 4 runs for hitting the opposite front yard fence or 1 for hitting the house. There were more runs for getting the ball on the nature strip, the close nature strip was 2 runs, the nature strip on the opposite side of the road was 6 runs, the nature strip on adjoining houses was up to 10 runs. The garage door was 2 runs.

A ball ending up on the road was out! A ball on the footpath was no runs. Anything on the full was out unless the ball ended up on the nature strip.

This required a delicate touch for the near side nature strip and a reckless swing for the distant nature strips. Hitting a tree and getting it on drop onto the nature strip was not a bad idea.

This was a very good game for just two players. If a batsman had a go at a nature strip and missed he had to fetch the ball, otherwise the bowler fetched it.

Last edited:

inc_haydn

Cricket Spectator
When i play frontyard cricket with my neighbours we bat inside the garage, this way it takes a little more skill 2 play the big shots, with the car out on 1 side of the garage and the window out on the other side it limits the shots but we hav sum of the best straight drives in the area now:P