• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shri

Mr. Glass
Exhibit A for you once again completely lacking reading comprehension and common sense.

That's why I specifically used an analogy where SC teams toured Australia (as an analogy for SA, NZ, Eng and Aus (non SC teams) touring India.
Zimbabwe is a SC team now? Wtf?And you question people's common sense? And you cry about people attacking you when all they are doing is calling your posts stupid. Get over yourself.

It was simply a ****** attempt at putting them on the same level.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
After the way Australia kept up with them in completely foreign conditions?

**** no. Don't know who it is but it certainly isn't India. Wait until they win a series outside of Asia, or at least are competitive.
Now you don't, but this language certainly means you had some problem when this whole thing started:

And that's when all this started.
We should quote the complete post and not pick up just one word `certainly` out of it. He replied to a post saying that India are well and truly number one now which means that they are indisputably No 1. He said that it is not certain till they win a series outside spin friendly conditions which is fair. While in my mind India is number one and I have confidence that the current Indian team can win overseas as well, I don`t think TJB has been inconsistent and being unfair on waiting for the Indian team to prove it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting conversation in the last few pages. India are fairly No 1 in rankings considering what they have achieved in spin friendly conditions in the past season with a friendly schedule. But to be an undisputed No 1 like the great old Windies and Aussie teams, they will need to win in non-spin friendly conditions (Aus, Eng, SA and NZ) which is the point of TJB and is quite fair enough. They have also not faced the strongest sub continent team apart from them (Pakistan) in this season.

So, we need to wait for the overseas tour for the verdict.
voice of reason

Zimbabwe is a SC team now? Wtf? It was simply a ****** attempt at putting them on the same level.
omg you cant be serious. This is absurd that I need to explain this but the analogy was comparing SC touring India to non-SC touring Australia, and India touring low-quality sides to Australia touring low-quality sides

Surely I can't make that any more clear

TheJediBrah

We should quote the complete post and not pick up just one word `certainly` out of it. He replied to a post saying that India are well and truly number one now which means that they are indisputably No 1. He said that it is not certain till they win a series outside spin friendly conditions which is fair. While in my mind India is number one and I have confidence that the current Indian team can win overseas as well, I don`t think TJB has been inconsistent and being unfair on waiting for the Indian team to prove it.
Thank you. This thread has gone to **** for the last few pages because people are just not using any common sense.

srbhkshk

International Captain
That's not what he said, he said that he was certain it was some team other than India but didn't knew which one. If he had said what you are claiming he did there would be no argument to begin with.

TheJediBrah

That's not what he said, he said that he was certain it was some team other than India but didn't knew which one. If he had said what you are claiming he did there would be no argument to begin with.
No I didn't. Another simple, objective fact being denied.

I directly said several times that I didn't think there was a definite no. 1 team.

This is really getting ridiculous guys. You are not going to catch me out because I didn't say anything wrong. If it was wrong then I wouldn't have said it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India may be No.1 team but India will almost certainly lose against SA, Eng as well as Aus. They may prove to be relatively more competitive and may even win the odd game or draw here & there, but India will almost definitely lose ALL three of the big away series!

If the 3 series turn out to be quite competitive then India will deserve their ranking, otherwise they will naturally slip.. especially if they very possibly lose 3-0, 4-0, etc..

Regardless, it is pointless watching India play overseas, long long history proves it. And Im almost certain that very little will change. Individually a few of the players may do well but even if some guy scores 4 100s in a series, India will still lose and therefore all will be in vain! It's the team result that matters in a TEAM sport, not individual results. People are overly obsessed with individual performances. But if they don't materalise into a team result then it's all irrelevant. Umesh and/or Shami may do well here & there but will still struggle to win games for India like the spinners have done at home. And thats all that will decide the results in the end. If the indian fast bowlers can't "consistently" dismiss full opposition line ups for reasonable scores, then India will certainly lose all 3 of the series, and that's what's going to happen, 98% sure. So it's boring. If the series were 3 games long, maybe, just maybe, a team like India could sneak a series result (draw or better) but over 4 or 5 games, its a completely different story, they will certainly fall apart at some point and series will be gone. Similar to how non-sc teams felt & fared in India. India may not perform as badly as some of them have in India, but what difference does would it make? 3-1 instead of 4-0..

ImpatientLime

International Regular
TJB is wrong on only one count* - Thinking people who think India are the best side are wrong or blinded by nationalism.

Pretty much square between India, SA, Australia, and England for me. SA are potentially better than everyone else, but Amla's form, ABdV's postponed comeback, Steyn's uncertain comeback, and Abbott's retirement threw a big wrench in that.

*in the last few pages, that is.
england? nah.

they have no middle order and the bowling attack is mostly toothless away from home.

woakes aside it didn't even look that good at home in 2016.

2017 is huge for them in terms of finding some new players. the ashes could be disastrous.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

england? nah.

they have no middle order and the bowling attack is mostly toothless away from home.

woakes aside it didn't even look that good at home in 2016.

2017 is huge for them in terms of finding some new players. the ashes could be disastrous.
England just had a few guys out of form. They looked gold only like a year ago, and you can't judge them by tours to Asia. They have 3 or 4 genuinely quality all-rounders which is invaluable if they hit any kind of form. They're well and truly up there with the rest of the pack.

srbhkshk

International Captain
England just had a few guys out of form. They looked gold only like a year ago, and you can't judge them by tours to Asia. They have 3 or 4 genuinely quality all-rounders which is invaluable if they hit any kind of form. They're well and truly up there with the rest of the pack.
Subcontinental teams should only be judged by their non-SC performances.

Non-SC teams should not be judged by their SC performances?

amiright? What a joke, England are a fantastic team and have all the ingredients to be #1 (except maybe a tearaway fast bowler) but they damn well should be judged on the SC tours as well, otherwise they should stop playing in SC.

TheJediBrah

Subcontinental teams should only be judged by their non-SC performances.

Non-SC teams should not be judged by their SC performances?

amiright? What a joke, England are a fantastic team and have all the ingredients to be #1 (except maybe a tearaway fast bowler) but they damn well should be judged on the SC tours as well, otherwise they should stop playing in SC.
Sorry I mispoke, they shouldn't be judged purely on their tours to Asia is what I meant to say.

Of course it's still a relevant criteria, just not the most important.

Slifer

International Captain
Just woke up. I'm curious to know what other team people on here consider to be number one? I can see a reasonable argument for RSA but that's it.

Obviously, India's preeminence is not indisputable ala the great Aus/WI teams of the past.

akilana

International 12th Man
No.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
england? nah.

they have no middle order
Really? I'd say our middle (or middle to lower) order has been our strength over the last 12 or so months.......and 6 through to 9 is probably the strongest in test cricket atm.

We need a settled opener for Cook and a No4 to bat behind Root and whilst it's way to early to say, with the emergence of Hameed and Jennings it's quite possible the batting lineup is sorted with not too many question marks. Time will tell, but it looks better than it did a few months ago IMO.

England are a fantastic team and have all the ingredients to be #1 (except maybe a tearaway fast bowler) .
Why do Eng need a tearaway fast bowler.......why does any team need a tearaway fast bowler? Broad and Anderson seem to go all right without being express. What England need to be a No 1 side is one or two spinners worthy of the name.

The difference between Australia's performance in India to England's was essentially Lyon and SOK. That's why they were competitive and we weren't.