• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI batsman ATM

Who is the best ODI batsman in the world ATM?

• Ricky Ponting

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Brian Lara

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • VVS Laxman

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Jacques Kallis

• Herschelle Gibbs

• Other (please specify)?

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
the two world cup finalists - australia and srilanka - participated in a triangular tournament in february that also involved india, the other finalist from earlier world cup. sachin tendulkar was the reason india won the two finals against australia. since it took place in australia it is fair to assume this was as big as it got in recent times. sachin is the best batsman in one dayers at the moment.

Craig

World Traveller
I had completely forgetten I had created this thread. $100,000 Zimbabwean dollars to the next person who digs up a classic thread created by me in that year. And yes I'm on the SS plan on how to have giant inflated ego :p

bagapath

International Captain
didnt realize it was such an old thread. very embarassed i fell for it. ponting must've been the right answer at the time the question was asked...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, amazing to be reminded that there was a time VVS Laxman was looking like he was on the road to becoming ODI-class, never mind one of the best going around.

Oh - it's a bit late I know, but PUBLIC POLLS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your reaction to pre-2005 posts on occasions threads containing them are dug-up is usually amusing. :p