• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nikhil's Cricket Diary

NikhilN

International Regular
I am a part of the USA Cricket Academy here in NJ, USA and I will post all my practice and matches and all that here...

March 6th, Indoor Practice:

I got their a little late but I wasnt the only one late, my coach showed up late too so I didnt get in trouble.Me and my team mates started of with running for 5 mins and then spent a little while warming up.After that we started to practice fielding and then we went into the nets...I got to bowl about 7 overs and took 6 wickets.When I got up to bat I did really good...didnt get out and played for 5 overs when I was taken off...Then I sat on the side a little and then was back bowling...took another wicket.It was a very tough day...5 hours of practice! Got home around 10 pm...

Swervy

International Captain
I:Indian said:
I am a part of the USA Cricket Academy here in NJ, USA and I will post all my practice and matches and all that here...

March 6th, Indoor Practice:

I got their a little late but I wasnt the only one late, my coach showed up late too so I didnt get in trouble.Me and my team mates started of with running for 5 mins and then spent a little while warming up.After that we started to practice fielding and then we went into the nets...I got to bowl about 7 overs and took 6 wickets.When I got up to bat I did really good...didnt get out and played for 5 overs when I was taken off...Then I sat on the side a little and then was back bowling...took another wicket.It was a very tough day...5 hours of practice! Got home around 10 pm...
5 hours..god..i spent 80 minutes in the nets on saturday (including 20 mins batting)...and I was knackered..and i am aching like mad now..hehehehe

NikhilN

International Regular
Armadillo said:
Good luck Nikhil, so does this academy give you any chance of getting into the US team?

Yup,But I dont wanna play for USA...I wanna play for India

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yup,But I dont wanna play for USA...I wanna play for India
Even with such a massive player base to choose from, and you having to qualify?? or do you have dual citizenship? Good goal though...

V Reddy

International Debutant
why is that?
Easier to get in the team and play intl cricket while it is hard when you try to play for India with the competition unless you are very talented.

NikhilN

International Regular
Sorry havent posted in a while...

here is for today may 15

Practice started late today because our league game went on for a little longer then everyone thought it would.Our team won by 4 wickets.First off was fielding practice.I caught and stopped everything that came to me but one that came right at my face and hit me.Then came hand soccer with the cricket ball.We had 2 stumps...one on each side and we had a team of 8.The goal was to hit the stumps and try to stop your stump from getting hit.My team lost the game 8-7. The funny part about this is my team had to play with no shirts because we couldnt tell who is on which team.It looked just like playing in India :p.Then came bowling practice with no batsman.We only had the middle stump to bowl to.The rules were that you must pitch on the off stump or hit the middle stump.If you pitch it to the off stump area you get one point.If you hit the middle stump you get 5 points.If you bowl down the leg side or a wide then it will be -2. Each bowler got one over.My score was 5

.1 was on the off stump so one point.
.2 hit the middle stump so five points.
.3 went down leg so -2
.4 went down leg so -2
.5 went wide so -2
.6 hit the middle stump so 5 points

Thats it for this week