• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On topic, Australia should be winning this series. Every decent Test side should be beating this SL team home and away.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Why is there no warm up game? I would of thought at least 1 game would be there to shake off the rust and adapt to conditions.

TheJediBrah

There's hardly ever warm up games these days. Doesn't stop touring sides' fans using it as an excuse though.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
there should be tbh, the only possible reason I can think of is that our A team is currently here in England so if the board put an XI together for a warm up, it wouldn't be a very competitive side at all..again though to be fair to the opposition, I do think there should be at least two warm up games..

TheJediBrah

there should be tbh, the only possible reason I can think of is that our A team is currently here in England so if the board put an XI together for a warm up, it wouldn't be a very competitive side at all..again though to be fair to the opposition, I do think there should be at least two warm up games..
That's all irrelevant. Serious warm up games are simply impractical most of the time in modern international cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
"With players like Kusal Mendis, Kaushal Silva, Dinesh Chandimal and Angelo Mathews, the batting line-up did really well. Some of the innings of 20s and 30s, I would like to see them go and get a big 100 or 200.
:frusty: Hate reading stuff like this. From chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanath is probably 2nd behind Vaughan in terms of being a person liked during their playing career and then becoming annoying post retirement

We all knew Warne was a dick so he doesn't count.

Spikey

Sanath is probably 2nd behind Vaughan in terms of being a person liked during their playing career and then becoming annoying post retirement

langer bro

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Vaughan is on twitter so we get to hear him a lot. Genuine question.. what else has Sanath done? I haven't really heard anything spicy from him

Spikey

this very tour 5 years ago we were blessed with his commentary. i for one considered suicide