• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Losers Draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
As before, let me know if this idea has been done already or is obviously flawed...

All players (except, I guess, Bradman) are eligible: however, the final team must have played in more Test losses than Test wins (as of April 2016).

To put it another way, any Test cricketer's score is "number of wins played in - number of losses played in", and the total score for the team must be negative. Players who haven't played a Test are eligible, and score 0.

(A simpler "losers draft" rule would be "all 11 players must have played in more losses than wins", but I thought this way would be more interesting).

AndrewB

Incidentally, is there any reason not to give all the 11 selection orders at the start instead of giving them two at a time?

AndrewB

I think that's 9 drafters; one more and I'll start the draft. (14 taking part was a bit unwieldy in the "200 Tests" draft, so let's limit it to 12).

Last edited:

AndrewB

OK, that's 12.

Rules:

- The players in your final XI must have played, in total, in more Test losses than Test wins*, as of April 2016.

- Order of selection will be determined by a random number generator; subsequently the following round will feature the same order, but reversed. After the opening two rounds, this process will repeat itself. There will be 11 selection rounds & will be generated as we go.

- Players must make their selection within 12 hours of the preceding player’s selection otherwise they will be timed out. If a player is timed out they can still make a selection whenever possible but are not allowed to select any cricketer already taken.

- The finalised teams will be put to a vote to decide the winner.

- No Bradman.

(*This is probably obvious, but if multiple players played in the same match, it counts for each one separately. So if player A's record is (say) "1 win, 2 losses" and player B's is "2 wins, 5 losses", they have a total of 3 wins, 7 losses whether or not they ever played in the same team.)

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
After having an initial look, very few if any ATGs have a negative (wins - losses) value, so it would be pretty interesting to see who gets picked.

AndrewB

Round 1:
Red Hill
Howe_zat
J_C
AndrewB
harsh.ag
honestbharani
AldoRaine18
jimmy101
morgieb