• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mansoor Amjad????

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Mansoor Amjad is a leg spinner from the u 19 pakistan team.I heard great things about him but i havent seen him play.Javed miandad speaks highly of him even comparing him to warne.Can anyone tell me about salman qadir as i have heard good things about him as well

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
salman qadir is an offie, just wait for abdul qadirs youngest son usman qadir who is a leggie. only 9 yrs old though so it might be a long wait.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not if the Pakistani selectors get their thinking-caps off like they did with Hasan Raza!

Craig

World Traveller
imranrabb said:
Mansoor Amjad is a leg spinner from the u 19 pakistan team.I heard great things about him but i havent seen him play.Javed miandad speaks highly of him even comparing him to warne.Can anyone tell me about salman qadir as i have heard good things about him as well
I will wait until they are playing FC cricket.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
firstly mansoor amjad is playing FC cricket and so are the other PAK under 19 players. secondly hasan raza is good enough to be in PAK team but he has a serious attitude problem according to everyone.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Muddaser said:
firstly mansoor amjad is playing FC cricket and so are the other PAK under 19 players. secondly hasan raza is good enough to be in PAK team but he has a serious attitude problem according to everyone.
Not saying anything about that - just commenting on the insanity of picking a 14-year-old for international cricket.
There appears to be no genuine doubt about his age.
My point was that if the Pakistani selectors insist on making errors like that it mightn't be too long before even a 9-year-old plays international-cricket.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That would be interesting to watch.

6, 6, 4, 4, 6, 6...

That or good length balls being over head height..

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
yeah facing Shoaib, Lee and Bond when you're only 4-5 feet tall, and balancing it out with your schoolwork

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Armadillo said:
yeah facing Shoaib, Lee and Bond when you're only 4-5 feet tall, and balancing it out with your schoolwork
I seriously hope it never happens again that guys under the age of 16 play international cricket.
It's silly enough 18 and 19-year-olds playing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You look at the number of 18, 19-year-old debutants, and you look at how many of them have gone on to have succesful international careers.
A few of the all-time greats (Javed, Sachin, Imran) have debuted at sillily or ridiculously young ages (19, 16), but they are very much the exception to the rule.
I just don't think someone is mentally developed enough as a teenager to be playing international sport of that magnitude. I'm 18 and 6 months (nearly) and I simply can't imagine playing international cricket. And that's nothing to do with my (low) ability.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
I don't see what is wrong with 18 year olds, but I agree with your point about under 16 year olds.
Many 18-yr olds aren't physically up to the demands of Test cricket.