• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11 players who made their test debuts in 11 different decades DRAFT thread

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Really nice team Andrew, but Worrell, Root, and Waugh are naturals at 3-4-5. Although Faulkner did score a double century at 3 against Australia.
You're probably right there - I think of Faulkner as a #3 because that's where he scored a lot in Australia, but if he's in the side as the second spinner he should probably move down to #6.

I was following mr_mister's approach of avoiding relative "duds" at the possible expense of missing out on star players; but the batting worked out fine with 5 who average(d) 50 or so plus Faulkner, Gregory and Knott at 30-40; the bowling has one ATG in Murali and three fearsome fast bowlers, and Faulkner and Worrell as decent support.

watson

Banned
I suppose I need to post my final line-up in the lead-up to the voting thread. Headley only knows one batting position, number 3, so he stays there.

01. Graeme Smith *
02. Bill Ponsford
03. George Headley
04. Brian Lara
05. Neil Harvey
06. Frank Woolley
07. Farokh Engineer +
08. Malcolm Marshall
09. George Lohmann
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

Definitely fighting an up-hill battle against the other teams on the previous page....