• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Exasperated Ranting

Spark

Global Moderator
Also, who picks the IPL team names? They should be sacked and banned from any marketing-related roles ever again.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Also, who picks the IPL team names? They should be sacked and banned from any marketing-related roles ever again.
was thinking about this once

like is it safe to say the kings xi were picked by the super kings, all of which fall under the banner of the royals, in turn all indians?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mumbai Indians is the biggest troll name. Such a big **** you to the rest of India.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Smith is magnificent to watch. Watching him the other night in the ODI flicking balls to leg so powerfully was very cool. Love his lofted straight drives and the way his cover drives are cut-ish. Cannot understand why someone wouldn't enjoy watching him bat. Amazing to watch against spinners too.

And to the poster on the previous page, saying Warner is "limited" and has a poor temperament. Please. Come on. Warner is about as good a batsman to watch as there ever has been.

Stapel

International Regular
Commentators saying "Not even in the frame", when a frozen frame is shown which clearly has a bat and the stumps visible......

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
huh

very interesting opinion to say the least
It's so easy to ruffle his feathers..bowl a few good deliveries consistently, beat him a number of times and you can count on him playing a rash shot.

This is a recent example that you might be familiar with (2nd innings)

4th Investec Test: England v Australia at Nottingham, Aug 6-8, 2015 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

He was in a partnership, a few deliveries of getting beaten or not being able to get on top and he played a ridiculous shot.

Had he gotten out edging like in the first innings, that would have been a different scenario. It was just a case of mind freeze. That dismissal looked far more ugly than edging a rampaging Broad to first slip.

Spark

Global Moderator
You're talking about if it was a wild slog into a country. IIRC he was just trying to knock into the onside for a single, which is hardly absurd batting. He just plays that shot badly, so it's a technical issue rather than anything else.

Ironically, he'd actually be much better off if he did try to hit those shots for six, rather than that little dink which gets him in trouble.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Since the TB test has come up. Cook declared after allowing Finn & Broad scoring 1 run of 12 balls. Broad & Ali had just slogged 60 runs for the 9th wicket. I can't understand what the point is of declaring after a collection of 10th wicket partnership dot balls..... I'm by no means advocating for Cook (or Test captains in general) to be more aggresive, but this was just ****.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Since the TB test has come up. Cook declared after allowing Finn & Broad scoring 1 run of 12 balls. Broad & Ali had just slogged 60 runs for the 9th wicket. I can't understand what the point is of declaring after a collection of 10th wicket partnership dot balls..... I'm by no means advocating for Cook (or Test captains in general) to be more aggresive, but this was just ****.
He was waiting for the astrologically auspicious time obviously.

ajdude

International Coach
ok so my rant is on people who call ODIs "day nighters". i can sort of accept "one dayers" but people who call them "day nighters" need to pull their heads in. rant over

Howe_zat

Audio File
Since the Trent Bridge test has come up,

ahahahahaha,

ahahahhaha, the trent bridge test.

That's all I have on the matter really

Gob

International Coach
You're talking about if it was a wild slog into a country. IIRC he was just trying to knock into the onside for a single, which is hardly absurd batting. He just plays that shot badly, so it's a technical issue rather than anything else.

Ironically, he'd actually be much better off if he did try to hit those shots for six, rather than that little dink which gets him in trouble.
Yeah that dink is annoying. Dunno how many times he got out to that

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wanted to post a couple of things saying how much I enjoy Warner and Smith's game but I see some of the #ozisgreatallelsesucks are already in doing that, including making completely stupid falsified claims about SehWAG's batting. Just one question though: Do such people even read the OP and understand what the thread and topic is supposed to be about?

On topic, I just hate it when fast bowlers and not so fast bowlers put two guys in the deep and start bowling short into the batsmen all the time in tests, cutting out any real scoring opportunities. I know it is fair game and it is a proper cricket skill but somehow it just feels so annoyingly stalling... Its like a tactic where the batsmen can never really win, unless its an INdian "Fast" bowler.

Gob

International Coach
Wanted to post a couple of things saying how much I enjoy Warner and Smith's game but I see some of the #ozisgreatallelsesucks are already in doing that, including making completely stupid falsified claims about SehWAG's batting. Just one question though: Do such people even read the OP and understand what the thread and topic is supposed to be about?

On topic, I just hate it when fast bowlers and not so fast bowlers put two guys in the deep and start bowling short into the batsmen all the time in tests, cutting out any real scoring opportunities. I know it is fair game and it is a proper cricket skill but somehow it just feels so annoyingly stalling... Its like a tactic where the batsmen can never really win, unless its an INdian "Fast" bowler.
Dunno if you are pointing it at me re Virender but its the view I always held of him. Most destructive batsman I've ever seen also pretty good against spin but can not think of another 'great' batsman who looked so out of sorts against sideways movement.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Warner was hopeless against spin which is sideways movement too and SehWAG was a beast against it. And he smacked 100s in England and RSA too. And I don't ever recall the bounce troubling him. If anything, he loved to use it when they fed him outside off. His issues were far more temperamental and the fact that he was a lazy bum at his best form between 2008 and 2011.

EDIT: Didn't include you as a part of the #ozisgreatallelsesucks though... I think your posts are better than that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sehwag was fine with bounce IIRC. It's why he was pretty good in Aus until his last tour, where he was both (a) past it and (b) playing on pitches with a little more movement than usual.

If you want a great batsman who seriously struggled against seam/swing for no apparent reason, though, may I point you to one Jayawardene, M.

Last edited: