• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Mentions

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't see why you needed to confirm for yourself when it was clear to everyone else that it's really been banned

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm drunk right now, but surely it has to be Hazlewood for ****ley if anyone, even though he took wickets...?
This is one the surface a good one for the first mention of Josh Hazlewood, though it is preceded by several posts from the previous year, all of which are from Brockley getting his name wrong.

Will be interested what members of the australia under 19 go to the ICL league.
Phillip hughes,michael hill,jason faulkner,jermery smith,and james smith have state contracts.
The obvious targets for the icl would be kumar sunar,isiah borgas,sam robson,anthony murphy,dom o'brien,kerry richardson and john hazelwood.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I take it we won't be seeing this guy lasting on the forums very long

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
This is one the surface a good one for the first mention of Josh Hazlewood, though it is preceded by several posts from the previous year, all of which are from Brockley getting his name wrong.
Does he mean James Faulkner there as well?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pickup was the first to bring up Alastair Cook in early 2005 (his first FC season was 2004)

Cook is very highly rated by the selectors, having skipper the U19s etc.

Can't see Jefferson ever playing for England, while there is a chance that Cook may.
But I like this guy from a month or so later almost calling out the England batting order (he missed Collingwood for Vaughan, which tbf might not have happened without Vaughan's injuries)

i do not know about you and you people might think i am abit over optimistic or biased but, IS IT JUST ME OR ARE PRIOR AND COOK FUTURE SUPERSTARS. yes it is abit early but these two plus Pietersen and Bell are really getting me excited. i imagine the test line up in 5-odd years. Strauss, Cook, Bell, Vaughan, Pietersen, Flintoff, Prior etc