• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pressure Players

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I've always thought that Inzamam ul Haq has really shone when in tight situations like in the Bangladesh thriller, who else always seems to shine when their team really needs them?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ravi Rampaul. :P
He made all the right impressions when he toured SA... but surely you cant judge him on one over, or is he very good domestically at finishing things off???

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Waugh always got a good reputation for it, but statisticall wasn't as hot as he was talked up to be - still very good, nonetheless.

Seeing as I'm a bigoted English nationalist ( :rolleyes: ), Thorpe and Collingwood and Goughie.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
from recent cricket
dravid-laxman from test matches

glichrist,hayden for one days especially gilchrist who was amazing.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills did get carted but you can't fault him for bowling a brilliant leg stump yorker when the pressure was at its highest point.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would say Gilchrist he performes under pressure extreamly well.

He does not let the pressure effect his natrual game and soon enough the pressure that was on him is on the bowlers and he take's full advantage.

Bouncer

State Regular
Arvinda Desilva
Waqar Younis
Javed Miandad
Definitley Brian Lara
;
Dont really agree on Inzimam being apressure player,

How about players who underperform when playing in pressure situations.

i think we have a winner
Ganguly.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bouncer said:
Arvinda Desilva
Waqar Younis
Javed Miandad
Definitley Brian Lara
;

i think we have a winner
Ganguly.
this would require a seperate thread but anyways entire indian team will qualify for this. specially gangly,tendulkar,dravid(only in ODI format becoz he is natural test player).

shcewag,laxman,yuvraj can be exceptions only if they do not have chokers on other end.

Choora

State Regular
Bouncer said:

i think we have a winner
Ganguly.

Why Ganguly? It can be Indian team as a whole ,( even Pak team whenever they play against Aus).

I don't think Sachin chokes, howeve i do think Indian pacers do underperform in tight situation

tooextracool

International Coach
Eclipse said:
I would say Gilchrist he performes under pressure extreamly well.

He does not let the pressure effect his natrual game and soon enough the pressure that was on him is on the bowlers and he take's full advantage.
who the hell are u talking about???the same guy who failed in every single match against india???(including on the indian tour!)
the only time he has come under any sort of pressure in 4 years and look at him choke!the adam gilchrist i know is the one that comes in with australia at 400/5 trying to accelerate the innings against a worn out and demoralised attack. sure u can bring up his innings against pak but that was 6 years ago and he was very fortunate.