• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Niall

International Coach
Exactly, I would have thought that, despite Gayle's lack of recent first class experience, the board would have brought him into the squad for the tour considering how well Gayle has played in Aus in the past. Both at T20 franchise level & international level.

You'd be very brave to ask Chris Gayle to forfeit the Big Bash for the test tour. I don't think Gayle minds playing test cricket that much, but domestic t20 will always take priority sadly. He's absolutely walk into the side if he wanted to.

adub

International Captain
You'd be very brave to ask Chris Gayle to forfeit the Big Bash for the test tour. I don't think Gayle minds playing test cricket that much, but domestic t20 will always take priority sadly. He's absolutely walk into the side if he wanted to.
tbf at 36 with over 100 tests including two triples to his name Gayle has earned the right to choose not to play tests if he wants. I'm not sure he'd be anything more than a distraction anyway for the Windies. It's tough for em to be so short of talent, but they're only going to fix that with players who want to play Tests more than any other option they might have.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice, Paine demoted to being a sub-fielder for the CA XI, crashing and burning fast.

adub

International Captain
Future of Test cricket in Hobart on line with crowd of less than 10,000 projected

Lel at the implication that Canberra would do any better, might as well be concerned about Sydney and Melbourne on this basis given how little interest this tour has.

To be honest I'd be celebrating the fact that nearly 10 000 people might show interest in going to the Hobart test.
Yeah 10,000 in Hobart will be a good turnout. Day 1 in Sydney and Melb will get over 20k simply because of the event, but the crowds won't be much after that. Maybe Day 3 in Sydney will go ok for Jane, but otherwise I'm expecting we won't have seen crowds so small in Sydney since Zimbabwe played there.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta say Bangladesh would be more competitive than the West Indies. Much better batting lineup and could possibly push Australia if the SCG had a bit of turn. I like and respect Jason Holder but the kid has got a pretty tough gig to turn that team around.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta say Bangladesh would be more competitive than the West Indies. Much better batting lineup and could possibly push Australia if the SCG had a bit of turn. I like and respect Jason Holder but the kid has got a pretty tough gig to turn that team around.
Bangladesh in Bangladesh are better than West Indies in West Indies and would be far more competetive than the 2-0 Australia win earlier this year. But not sure about Bangladesh in Australia..might be the same...they haven't played a test here in 2003.

Flem274*

123/5
come on, bangladesh would get trashed harder in australia.

the windies have roach and taylor, with brathwaite and blackwood in the batting and holder as the notsurerounder. bangladesh have some batsmen and a small army of spinners. more likely to draw mayyybe but much much less likely to pull off an upset.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah Bangladesh are on the right path but haven't actually beaten anyone compared to the WI who took a test off England earlier this year. Bit early to make the comparison.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

the windies have roach and taylor, with brathwaite and blackwood in the batting and holder as the notsurerounder. bangladesh have some batsmen and a small army of spinners. more likely to draw mayyybe but much much less likely to pull off an upset.
Can you imagine the Bangladesh batsmen coming out to face Starc/Pattinson/Hazlewood/Johnson etc. at the Gabba or the WACA?

would be brutal to say the least

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh have done pissall in tests. They've improved massively in ODIs but they need to show a lot more in tests before they're even put close to West indies. The windies are bad,but not that bad.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

It's a pity that you mentioned Blackwood but not Bravo.

cnerd123

likes this

Nah.

BD's pace attack is actually better than their spin army for a change. The spin attack relies on Shakib, with the likes of Taijul, Gazi, Jubair and Sunny all being rotated in and out with varied amounts of success.

The pace attack on the other hand has 3 extremely promising youngsters who have been playing a lot recently - Taskin, Mustafizur and Rubel. Even Mohammed Shahid impressed in his first few outings. When BD were bossing SA around in the test and ODIs it was the quicks doing the main damage, not the spinners (inb4 'But Mustafizur is a spinner LOL'). We even have Al-Amin Hossain in the wings; although I reckon his action is going to get reported the next time he bowls at International level.

BD just pick and bowl a lot of spin because of the pitches at home, and because the quicks are still young and brittle. The pace attack is actually their stronger suit. I really do hope they tour a place like Aus/NZ/England sometime in the next few years so we can see them in action on pitches that should suit them.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
But Taskin doesn't play test matches yet, and Rubel isn't really a 'youngster' is he? Overall, I don't think they are comparable to WI in the pace department yet but yes I agree that the situation is changing quickly.

Flem274*

123/5
@ weld one - I'm losing hope with Bravo. Just hasn't kicked on and had all those issues with the board with the health issues etc. Hope I'm wrong.

I haven't seen much of the above pacemen to comment on all of them but I've seen plenty of Rubel in tests and am unimpressed. He's just crap in that format. I like Taskin but he's very young and he plays for the wrong country for fast bowling.

I take your overall point, but these blokes are nothing on Roach and Taylor right now.

Batting wise it's different. Tamim is probably more suited to Australia than Bangladesh. Appears to enjoy pace on the ball and bounce.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Taskin does not have the fitness for test cricket according to the BD team management..so no point considering him for tests.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea not yet. Give Taskin a couple of years.

Rubel's been around for ages but he's only 25. Mohd Shahid 27, Fizzy and Taskin 20. BD's pace attack is actually quite exciting.

WI are quite clearly the better side outside of the subcontinent atm tho.