• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the best bowler ever, another contest. Nominations thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some things to decide, whether it's a 32 man pace bowlers bracket or a 64 man pace/spin hybrid bracket.

A point made for it being all pace:

pace/spin play a different role in a side, hard to compare them against each other

A point made for it being both types:

more variety in participants, less predictable results, potentially more interesting?

I'd like to have a pace/spin hybrid thing, but someone mentioned he thought it was a bad idea so I'm sure others feel the same.

Anyway... nominate 10 bowlers every day until we have a full bracket. For now make them spinners and quicks. If its decided a pace only bracket would be better, go back and replace the spinners with more quicks. I wont do any auto-qualifiers this time. Seedings will be based on how quickly people get nominated into the bracket. If the first 10 people all nominate McGrath and he's the first to make it in, he will be number 1 seed. 10 noms to make it in atm, might change to 5 if its taking too long.

Will hopefully be ready to start by the time the batting one is done

Gnske

Simon Kerrigan
Mick Lewis
Ishant Sharma
Ian Salisbury
Sajid Mahmood
Harbhajan Singh
Chuck Fleetwood-Smith
John Hastings
Shane O'Connor
Colin McCool

cnerd123

likes this
Sydney Barnes
Muralitharan
Warne
Lillee
Marshall
Hadlee
Wasim
Fred Trueman
Bill O Reilly
Glenn McGrath

Some obvious names to start off with.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, 10 bowlers. I'll start with 5 of each.

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Steyn
Ambrose
Muralitharan
Warne
O'Reilly
Grimmett
Barnes himself said he spun it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We are comparing openers to middle order players in the other thread so we ought to be capable of comparing spinners to seamers here.

mr_mister

Hadlee
Bond
Barnes
Bedser
Wasim
Waqar
Grimmett
O'Reilly
Mailey
Ironmonger

all 4 pre war aussie spinners getting a nom

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadlee
Bond
Barnes
Bedser
Wasim
Waqar
Grimmett
O'Reilly
Mailey
Ironmonger

all 4 pre war aussie spinners getting a nom
If seeds are determined by nominations. Lists like this, intentionally or not somewhat rigs the seedings.

mr_mister

take issue with Gnske instead and leave me alone. none of my what you may deem to be controversial choices will get ten noms before CW darlings Ambrose McGrath etc are safely in

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Besder, Trueman, SF Barnes, Underwood
McGrath, Lillee, O' Reilly, Warne
Steyn, Donald, S Pollock, Tayfield
Marshall, Ambrose, Holding, Gibbs
Hadlee, Cowie, Bond, Vettori don't ****ing nominate vettori
Kapil, Zaheer Khan, Kumble, Chandrasekhar
Wasim, Waqar, Imran Khan, Qadir
Vaas, Murali, extras