Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: Is ICC baised?

Is ICC baised?

In your personal subjective opinion, is ICC baised when it comes to decisions concerning the actions of Asian Bowlers [Spinners and Pacemen included?]

No, but I don think they are biased towards spinners in general. I am a spinner, but I dont chuck the ball and I dont see why players like Grant Flower, Mattiah Muralitharan and Sanwar Hossain can.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    nope..not biased in the slightest.
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    As far as I've seen all left-arm fingerspinners chuck the ball - except Dom Tuohey.
    Muttiah Muralitharan, meanwhile, doesn't.
    As far as ICC is concerned, I think they do a good job given the many no-win situations they find themselves in.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

IMO, no
    My 2003 Australian Cricketers Rankings No.1's

Test Batting: Mathew Hayden
    Test Bowling: Stuart MacGill
    ODI Batting: Ricky Ponting
    ODI Bowling: Brett Lee

Ford Rules!

International Vice-Captain 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    I think that the ICC knows where most of the game's income originates...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    Muttiah Muralitharan, meanwhile, doesn't.
    As far as ICC is concerned, I think they do a good job given the many no-win situations they find themselves in.
    Agreed.

The biggest problem the ICC is faced with is the constant, and most times unwarranted, criticism that they get. I am admittedly guilty of adding to this on occasion.

That said, they certainly aren't perfect.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

But then again, if you're holding-out for perfection, you've got a long wait.
    People at times seem to expect govorning bodies (whether sporting, political or whatever) to be perfect - what they forget is that these are not superhuman organisations, they are run by humans. And humans make mistakes.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    The ICC, like the UN is necessary but has some idiot members. Like the ones who agreed to the one-bouncer-per-over-per-batsman rule and the moron who once (seriously) suggested that leg-spin bowlers should be stopped from bowling into the rough outside leg-stump by calling wide whenever they tried. Yeesh............

The ICC sure has made some clangers over the years. Not doing anything about Mark Waugh and Shane Warne when they took that money years ago, fining and banning for a match Virender Sehwag in his second Test, not finisg Mike Atherton for ball tampering a while ago (I liked Athers a lot but that was just balant), not having the gumption to do something about Sri Lanka's disgraceful performance in Adelaide in 1999 because of a legal threat to test their legislation, etc.

They're a necessary organisation but the sooner the head (whoever it may be) stops looking after their own country's interests, the better.

Originally posted by Top_Cat
    They're a necessary organisation but the sooner the head (whoever it may be) stops looking after their own country's interests, the better.
    I think the head of the ICC is still Malcolm Speed (Australian) unless it has changed recently......

Originally posted by Top_Cat
    The ICC, like the UN is necessary but has some idiot members. Like the ones who agreed to the one-bouncer-per-over-per-batsman rule and the moron who once (seriously) suggested that leg-spin bowlers should be stopped from bowling into the rough outside leg-stump by calling wide whenever they tried. Yeesh............

The ICC sure has made some clangers over the years. Not doing anything about Mark Waugh and Shane Warne when they took that money years ago, fining and banning for a match Virender Sehwag in his second Test, not finisg Mike Atherton for ball tampering a while ago (I liked Athers a lot but that was just balant), not having the gumption to do something about Sri Lanka's disgraceful performance in Adelaide in 1999 because of a legal threat to test their legislation, etc.

Some of the transgressions that you name were the direct fault of referees (Sehwag, Atherton).
    I can't see how Head Office could be blamed for that.
    Often silly calls like those you example in your first paragraph are the result of hasty overreaction to an isolated, largely irrelevant event, often concerning the "wrongdoing" to one's own country.
    Those with an ICC position would do best to keep shtum about these matters.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    Some of the transgressions that you name were the direct fault of referees (Sehwag, Atherton).
    I can't see how Head Office could be blamed for that.
    Often silly calls like those you example in your first paragraph are the result of hasty overreaction to an isolated, largely irrelevant event, often concerning the "wrongdoing" to one's own country.
    Those with an ICC position would do best to keep shtum about these matters.
    If some under u is not working properly u will get the blame.
    ICC should be tough on the refrees that act badly.they are not doing that uless they are forced to.
    that y its said that ICC is BIASED
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    The rules have changed between the so called biased calls - punishments going up and the like.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

But the stupid thing is there has never been stipulated punishments - it's all on the referee's whim.
    This is never a good idea as the impression of bias can always be given. Stipulated punishments would all but avert that.

Thread Information