• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dean Headley - A Career Too Short

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dean Headley - A Career Too Short

A career brought to a close by injury is always a story with a sad ending. At 30 Dean Headley wasn't going to match the achievements of his grandfather, but there would have been plenty more wickets for him to take in the 21st century. In this feature Martin remembers a man who gave England fans some much needed good days during a difficult era

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I liked Headley I suppose I tend to forget his lesser performances, but I do remember him performing well against Aus from time to time. In more enlightened times, he may have benefited from a more consistent run in the side.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
that spell in melbourne was immense. he bowled like a man possessed at a decent lick just nibbling it around.

one of my few fond ashes memories as a teenager.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah i loved this guy and alex tudor as a kid. rated them so much more than alan bloody mulally

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Was just watching a replay of the 98/99 series. Headley bowled some great spells when he had the opportunity. Nice article this one