• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Number XI ever...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well Ive really given this some serious thought over the last few weeks and have decided that you cant get any worse than Manjural Islam. He cant even hold teh bat properly. i am extremely confident that most people I know bat better than him.

Swervy

International Captain
talking of players who cant hold a bat, what about Bob Willis, when he even went out to bat without his bat:D

a massive zebra

International Captain
Pommie Mbangwa (34 runs @ 2.00) must be one of the worse along with Chris Martin (12 test runs @ 1.71).

Manjural Islam is a God compared to them he at least has a score of 21 in test cricket! Mark Robinson's County Championship batting record in 1990 is always amusing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
How do you think these guys would get on (seriously) if they played at your level???

Ive always wondered what it would be like to bowl at Andre Nel or Phil Tuffnell....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Plenty of runs, I reckon.

Anderson scores/scored a lot in the Lancs League and/or at Junior League (any U15s playing in the Portman Club Challenge - Anderson has a 50 in that - and Flintoff a 234* - it's 20 overs)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Greg Blewett said:
Walsh easily.
I don't see why so many people consider Walsh the worst, considering that his record is better than many many others. Yes, he has more ducks than anyone else, but he played a lot of Tests.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:

Anderson scores/scored a lot in the Lancs League and/or at Junior League (any U15s playing in the Portman Club Challenge - Anderson has a 50 in that - and Flintoff a 234* - it's 20 overs)
234? WTF! :wow: :wow: :O :O

Imagine what he did in 50 overs! :O :wow:

No matter how bad the no.11, there is one thing I think is common with all no.11s is that they all rate themselves as batsmen.

Well if no one else is going to rate them, they might as well will.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:

No matter how bad the no.11, there is one thing I think is common with all no.11s is that they all rate themselves as batsmen.

Well if no one else is going to rate them, they might as well will.
Dont think so.. I know for a fact that Phil Tuffnell and Allan Donald see their batting as more of a liability....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can we please stop this ridiculous debate!
There are so many players who are every bit as bad as each other.
Stop trying to make differentations that are not there!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Can we please stop this ridiculous debate!
There are so many players who are every bit as bad as each other.

But there are so many players who are every bit as good as each other...

Tendulkar
Ponting
Hayden
Lara

to name but a few, and there are plenty of pretenders...
How come we can discuss them, but not those at the other end of the spectrum??

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:

Right, if Anderson has a fifty and Neil averages 2. Whatever-it-is, what would Neil average in Test Cricket??

0.000000000000000000000000000000000001???

:P

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
Right, if Anderson has a fifty and Neil averages 2. Whatever-it-is, what would Neil average in Test Cricket??

0.000000000000000000000000000000000001???

:P
That is precisely the problem.
Neil is not much worse than plenty of Test tail-enders. And remember, he batted a bit better than me last week.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Originally posted by Langeveldt
But there are so many players who are every bit as good as each other...

Tendulkar
Ponting
Hayden
Lara

to name but a few, and there are plenty of pretenders...
How come we can discuss them, but not those at the other end of the spectrum??
One, because it's incredibly boring. :yawn:
Two, because IMO there are definate differences between all the above. Eg.
Tendulkar
Lara

Ponting

Hayden
There are plenty in the middle, but IMO Tendulkar is a bit better than Lara and both are a bit better than Ponting.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
One, because it's incredibly boring. :yawn:

Its generated five pages of some sort of chat....

And for entertainment value, i would take Courtney Walsh or Makhaya Ntini over Hayden and Tendulkar any day...

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Don't read it then, it's quite simple!
But you see he must! It his job in life to comment on absolutely every thread, no matter how trivial the topic!:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Its generated five pages of some sort of chat....

And for entertainment value, i would take Courtney Walsh or Makhaya Ntini over Hayden and Tendulkar any day...
Hmm...
Hayden's bad, but he's not that bad!
And that's something of an insult to Tendulkar. :(