• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Shoaib Akthar Discussion/Appreciation Thread

pardus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah he was thrilling, Loved some of his battles against Poontang

Like this snapshot of Akhtar Ponting battle. Langer's recollection of the battle brought a smile.
https://youtu.be/cw8nhe05pwA
That second delivery @0:24s appeared insanely quick. Ponting was caught in a tangle.

Some of the best genuine pace vs ATG batsmen battles in Test cricket in 2000s were Akhtar vs. Ponting, and Lee Vs. Lara

Ian Chappell reckoned that at his fastest Thommo was "unhookable". I think Shoaib at his quickest belongs to the same category.

Bolo

State Captain
I suspect that admitting anything but a feeling of loathing for the man is going to similar leave a feeling of distaste in my mouth for myself, but I've got to say, the OP puts a raging monster of an argument together. As for loving/respecting the man, no. I'll leave my love/respect for his bowling, and even this is begrudging.

Shoaib was a wrecking-ball tipped with razor blades, and when he could get it to swing in the right direction (poor grammatical play intended) he was a joy to watch, which, IMO only 2 bowlers of the last 30ish years top.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
those dravid and sachin deliveries were classics

this one against australia is one of the finest spells of fast bowling ever

Running through an ATG batting side in the space of a few overs

the waugh brothers, ponting, gilchrist. Just insane bowling

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Also loved this spell against SA. Some pretty good players of pace bowling in there as well