• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pakistan squad for the indian tour

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
is it a done deal that dravid will keep wickets for the odi series

and what do u think that the indian bowling lineup will be for the odi series

and in turn what would be the pakistani bowling line up .....which ofcourse seems a bit certain
:
shoaib
sami
shabbir
saqlain
razzaq/malik

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think the team would be

Sehwag
Sachin
Laxman
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Kartik
Pathan
Zaheer
Nehra

But i hope Balaji plays instead of Nehra. They will be giving Kartik a couple of odis i assume as he is the senior bowler but if he doesn't do well the Powar gets in.

Choora

State Regular
This is a pressure series, better give more experiance pacer in Nehra a chance in ODI rather than Balaji

As for spinner, i think Powar might be a good choice, as he might prove to be a good allrounder in Indian team.

Imagine India having an allrounder:O

yohanna

Banned
I think India should go in with five bowlers. The 5th bowler could be the new allrounder, others should be Khan,Pathan,Nehra and Kartik

V Reddy

International Debutant
Choora said:
This is a pressure series, better give more experiance pacer in Nehra a chance in ODI rather than Balaji

As for spinner, i think Powar might be a good choice, as he might prove to be a good allrounder in Indian team.

Imagine India having an allrounder:O
Have you seen Powar bat Choora. He doesn't look that good to me against pace. Pakistanis will be using Akhtar or Sami against tailenders to blast them out and so i doubt whether he will contribute that much. Pathan has a much better chance of becoming all rounder than Powar or AA if he gets some oppurtunities.

Choora

State Regular
vishnureddy said:
Have you seen Powar bat Choora. He doesn't look that good to me against pace. Pakistanis will be using Akhtar or Sami against tailenders to blast them out and so i doubt whether he will contribute that much. Pathan has a much better chance of becoming all rounder than Powar or AA if he gets some oppurtunities.

Good point, Akhter for sure is going to trouble Powar.I agree with you on Patahn, he isn't an allrounder yet but he can become a good allrounder for India, therefore he should be given a long run.

Ajit wasn't, isn't and will never become an allrounder.And i don't think he will ever bowl consistently well.Somehow he love to surprise ppl, surprise them by either performing well or performing rather poorly!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Even though the experienced one hardly has a great record?

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
1)why is nehra still in the side?
i just dont even think he should have been in the squad.what do u think?

2)do u think that saqlain will be picked in the odi starting 11.?

there was a report on one of the websites that he may not be picked for the 1st 2 odi's

i think that pakistan would ake a big mistake .....by not picking him in the side

V Reddy

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
1)why is nehra still in the side?
i just dont even think he should have been in the squad.what do u think?

2)do u think that saqlain will be picked in the odi starting 11.?

there was a report on one of the websites that he may not be picked for the 1st 2 odi's

i think that pakistan would ake a big mistake .....by not picking him in the side
Nehra is in the team b'coz Ganguly backs him.

I read on Yahoo News that Shabbir may not make the first odi and so Saqlain should make it if that indeed is the case

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah i read the report about shabbir as well
thats a big blow

but ganguly backing nehra ......is that a strong enough reason in your opinion?

who is the back up indian pacer that might be called upon incase of an injury to one of the indian pacers?

V Reddy

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
yeah i read the report about shabbir as well
thats a big blow

but ganguly backing nehra ......is that a strong enough reason in your opinion?

who is the back up indian pacer that might be called upon incase of an injury to one of the indian pacers?
Amit Bhandari will make the squad if any pacer is injured.

Well Ganguly gets the side he wants most of the times. H Singh, Z Khan, Yuvraj, Kaif , Sehwag ,etc,. owe their place to Ganguly. With any other captain they would have been long gone. He supports them to any level if he thinks they have the talent and i assume he thinks highly of Nehra.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
judging by the match ....pakistan A vs india......
dont u guys think that taufeeq and nazir are more desrving of a odi place than afridi

they hammered the indians all over.....they have to be in the side

and whats up with the indan bowling......if i was a indian id be worried......this performance was hopeless.....im not even sure the indians have the right balance in their bowling line up

id love to here from my indian counterparts.......what bowlers are gonna start the match on staurday

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
iam the happiset person on earth and am delighted to eat my words.......afridi was superb.......i just hope and pray that he continues to prove me wrong..........