• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I liked Jubair's bowling fwiw. If he had a bit more height, he could have been a deadly leggie as he could get more bounce than he does right now with a higher release point. Even as it stands, if he is handled properly, he can do well for Bangladesh in the future.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Err, that's ridiculous Shri. He is a nineteen year old who is too green for test cricket right now. However, he has shown aspects which were promising. Why that shouldn't be mentioned if I feel so, even though Bangladesh was poor, is beyond me.

Niall

International Coach
Pujara dropped? 5 bowlers? Harbhajan?

I'm done. Completely done.
Perplexed about the outrage about Pujara been left out, stunk the place out on his tours and a pitch like this with this bowling attack is perfect for Rohit, if he goes into ODI mode, and he will need to with the rain it could be absolute carnage.

Harby? One final chance for a proven test spinner when **** all about.

5 bowlers? On this pitch against this attack, perfect.

Virat Kohli is already an absolute boss as a test captain.

:cool:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Err, that's ridiculous Shri. He is a nineteen year old who is too green for test cricket right now. However, he has shown aspects which were promising. Why that shouldn't be mentioned if I feel so, even though Bangladesh was poor, is beyond me.
Read again. I simply told the timing was bad not that he was bad. But I do think Bangers are generally dire cricketers in tests.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I liked Jubair's bowling fwiw. If he had a bit more height, he could have been a deadly leggie as he could get more bounce than he does right now with a higher release point. Even as it stands, if he is handled properly, he can do well for Bangladesh in the future.
I rate him although he is a bit raw and needs to be polished to be playing at this stage. His googly is improving. There were some disputes between chandika and selectors regarding his inclusion in the squad. Chandika wanted him at any cost. He had to lobby towards board president for him and finally got selected.

Regarding playing Shahid only as a lone pacer, I still cant get over it. Also I am not impressed with him a bit despite him being labelled as workhorse and bowling one or two good odd spells.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I agree he is too green and has no business playing tests right now. However, the experience will only do him good.

Shahid is short, has average pace (there was no speed gun but he didn't look overtly threatening) but the biggest issue is that he just bangs it in short, which at his smallish height, makes it the silliest deliveries.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Kohli vacates no. 4, that spot must be Rahane's - and not Rohit's.

Yeah... I see what you are saying but Rahane is much better at batting with the lower order.. And he is the closest we have to a Laxman.. So I don't want to move him from 5, where he can keep getting us out of **** situations.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah... I see what you are saying but Rahane is much better at batting with the lower order.. And he is the closest we have to a Laxman.. So I don't want to move him from 5, where he can keep getting us out of **** situations.
If he bats at 4, he gets us out of less ****ty situations and Rohit then gets to score soft runs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit can score hard runs, tbh... It is just that I don't think he is temperamentally suited to bat with the lower order and make the most of it. And really, 4 and 5 are, IMO, the least different positions in the batting order and I would always imagine that a guy batting at 4 can always bat 5 and vice versa...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'd keep Rohit at 3, Virat at 4, Rahane at 5...and outside the subcontinent, I'd have Pujara to open with Vijay

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perplexed about the outrage about Pujara been left out, stunk the place out on his tours and a pitch like this with this bowling attack is perfect for Rohit, if he goes into ODI mode, and he will need to with the rain it could be absolute carnage.

Harby? One final chance for a proven test spinner when **** all about.

5 bowlers? On this pitch against this attack, perfect.

Virat Kohli is already an absolute boss as a test captain.

:cool:
Like the 5 bowlers bit. Would have preferred another spinner, but whatever.

Pujara's been left out for Rohit, who has stunk up many more places and doesn't deserve a shot at this over Pujara.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he sure stunk up the joint in South Africa didn't he

He's also a run machine at home, no way should he be dropped. We need him against SA.