• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will miss out on the Champions Trophy?

Which team will miss out on the 2017 Champions Trophy?

• West Indies

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Disagree with this. Each board member is there to do what's best for their country's cricket. Speaking out against the Big 3 isn't one of those things. They are silent because they have to be.

Anyone who can afford to speak out has already done so, but those at risk of incurring the Big 3's wrath are naturally not going to risk it.
DWTA. Some of the small 7 have openly decried the dissolution of the FTP. They have clearly indicated that they are not beyond having a whinge when it suits them.

cnerd123

likes this
Weren't the only ones who spoke out against that Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Pakistan? IE - the sides who suffer the most without an FTP.

I don't recall South Africa or New Zealand saying anything.

Should probably research this.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest all of them spoke out. But some of them clearly did, indicating that they do retain that annoying small 7 trait of questioning their superiors when it suits them. It's obvious that the 10 team WC format suits them and they'd rather remain silent in the shadows and let the Big 2 (and England) bear the brunt of the criticism. Then you have the misguided self-righteous small 7 cricket fans show off on cricket forums and comments sections how knee deep they're sunk in their victim complex.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They are already ****ed up. Should they keep protesting every thing, even things which suit them?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Wot? That's the point. They don't need to protest this because it suits them. The argument that they aren't protesting this because it would be a futile exercise does not apply in this case.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This sounds a bit like that dire Harsha Bhogle article which asked the smaller countries to earn their own money and not complain. Apart from the top 3, the other countries whether they are test playing or associate members, are all victims in cricket's coup.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
This sounds a bit like that dire Harsha Bhogle article which asked the smaller countries to earn their own money and not complain. Apart from the top 3, the other countries whether they are test playing or associate members, are all victims in cricket's coup.
Are you high? How are they victims here if they consider the 10 team WC format to be in their interests?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wot? That's the point. They don't need to protest this because it suits them. The argument that they aren't protesting this because it would be a futile exercise does not apply in this case.
But why are you using it as a point against them? They are ****ed up and they clearly have to choose their battles if and when they think they can fight.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
But why are you using it as a point against them? They are ****ed up and they clearly have to choose their battles if and when they think they can fight.
I'm using it as a point against them because someone here (I CBF to scroll up and see who) made the argument that the reason they didn't protest the WC format was because it would be futile to do so. That makes it seem like they're against the format and have been arm twisted into falling in line, which does not make sense.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest all of them spoke out. But some of them clearly did, indicating that they do retain that annoying small 7 trait of questioning their superiors when it suits them. It's obvious that the 10 team WC format suits them and they'd rather remain silent in the shadows and let the Big 2 (and England) bear the brunt of the criticism. Then you have the misguided self-righteous small 7 cricket fans show off on cricket forums and comments sections how knee deep they're sunk in their victim complex.
Not really. When they've been ****ed over they will complain. When they risk being ****ed over, they wont. It's not because they approve of whats happening, it's because if they did speak out they will be ****ed over.

If a decision is made and a particular country ends up on the band end, the Board member will speak out because his job is on the line. He will bash the Big 3 and be angry in order to not get fired. He has nothing left to lose. But if a decision is being negotiated he will shut and up and be compliant in order to not get ****ed over.

They are very definitely the victims here. In an ideal word you'd want them all to grow a set of balls and fight for what's right, but realistically that's not gonna happen. It doesn't help the cause of the Small 7 countries that all of them have their own corruption and in-fighting to deal with too.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
No the typical fans got to discuss before someone suggests fans were quiet and secretly (in their mind) supported their individual boards for not taking it up high. So the fans are equally guilty like their individual boards. Thinking about holding placards in front of BCB protesting for not objecting on 10 Team WC. After all a part of these boards are running from peoples' taxes.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to know how much extra money that the 7 will be making from this 10 Team WC that the boards are lured into keeping quiet

johnhastings

Cricket Spectator
I think west Indies or Pakistan will miss out champions trophy 2017. Bangladesh is better than the this two teams and they will qualify.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So what you're saying is that the situation would be no different under either system. Thanks for clearing that up. Plainly the Big 3 bogeyman exists as a means for the small 7 to divert attention away from the fact that they would have been on-board with the 10 team WC even under the old system. If you're against the 10 team WC, speak up. Or keep silent and let it be known that you're on board with getting your grubby hands on more $$ too. The small 7 are no different from the Big 2 (and England). They just like to put on an act of self-righteousness.

The Big 2 are benevolent and merciful while England is clearly evil. The distinction needs to be made.
Of course we know alot of the small seven boards have corruption and incompetency issues - most notably WICB/SCB/PAK/BANG.

But given the realities of ICC dynamics before big three takeover where all of them were always dependent of playing ENG/AUS/IND all the time to make money - when the Big 3 takeover happened they could not fight it, because ENG/AUS the only two financial countries who had the power to stand up to BCCI (because as we now know BCCI threatened to walk away from world cricket if they didn't get more money ridiculously) ended up siding with the BCCI monster.

What needed to happen was ENG/AUS as old custodians of the game hold firm with the other boards and call BCCIs bluff to walk and lets see how their fans and IPL baby would have survived if ICC ostracized them from the cricket world.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
That does not excuse the silence of the small 7 over the WC format. You're revisiting history that is not relevant to the point being discussed.

The fact that the small 7 have not raised a single voice in protest of the format speaks volumes about their connivance here.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
That does not excuse the silence of the small 7 over the WC format. You're revisiting history that is not relevant to the point being discussed.

The fact that the small 7 have not raised a single voice in protest of the format speaks volumes about their connivance here.
I don't doubt members of the small 7 boards would not have issue with the new WC format because they are not to most forward thinking administrators. But even if one did I doubt any would have the balls to speak out.

Most likely it would have be whistle bowler from within the board rather than the leader.