• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeamUp

International Coach
I thing that this series has done is ensure that Saha will be back, once he is fit.
Away spinner is more interesting; some one other than Ashwin or Jadeja I would think.
With it being Australia they will go for a wristy. Kuldeep the winner by a distance even with the poor showing in England.

Borges

International Regular
With it being Australia they will go for a wristy. Kuldeep the winner by a distance even with the poor showing in England.
I suppose it would be quite harsh to hold the showing in that one test match against him. Going to depend on how he goes in the four day games against Australia A.

cnerd123

likes this
I think it's time to blood in Kuldeep, Shaw, Iyer, Vihari into the Test side but I don't know if the selectors can bring themselves to drop the senior guys.

the big bambino

International Captain
Which doesn't work in SA or Aus.
If Siraj bowls 135+ he'll be good in Australia. O'Keefe reckons pace men need 2 out of pace, bounce, swing in Australia to succeed. Siraj looks tall and athletic and it seems he can swing the ball. No reason why he can't succeed here like Dev, Prabhakar, Abbott or Philander. Even Anderson had a good tour. Clark bowled well for Australia and Tremlett's first tour was terrific.

Our bowlers wont even get helpful conditions to bowl in in Australia. SA was the best chance and we blew it. Pretty rubbish overseas leg once again.
Adelaide is great for bowlers now. If you play under lights. If India refuse that then its a missed opportunity for them. Otherwise India still has a great chance of winning here as I don't think we'll be getting many runs without Warner and Smith.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
No they won't. Kohli drops Kuldeep, or indeed Umesh & Jadeja, any chance he gets. He either doesn't back these players or he prefers the other group i.e. Ashwin, Pandya, Chahal. Kohli for all the bravado is an ultra conservative captain.
If Siraj bowls 135+ he'll be good in Australia. O'Keefe reckons pace men need 2 out of pace, bounce, swing in Australia to succeed. Siraj looks tall and athletic and it seems he can swing the ball. No reason why he can't succeed here like Dev, Prabhakar, Abbott or Philander. Even Anderson had a good tour. Clark bowled well for Australia and Tremlett's first tour was terrific.

Adelaide is great for bowlers now. If you play under lights. If India refuse that then its a missed opportunity for them. Otherwise India still has a great chance of winning here as I don't think we'll be getting many runs without Warner and Smith.
Avg speeds of 135kph is good, with swing, not when top speeds hover around high 130s & taper off to low 120s at the end of the day. Bumrah was struggling in the second innings, if he's not quite there then he'll suffer the same fate in Aus, likewise any other rookie.

Adelaide under lights might've been our best chance before this series started, I'm 100% convinced now that we can't face any of Starc, Josh, Cummins or Pattinson under the lights. We'll be blown away quicker than at Lords.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I think it's time to blood in Kuldeep, Shaw, Iyer, Vihari into the Test side but I don't know if the selectors can bring themselves to drop the senior guys.
Would say Iyer not done himself much good in A series.

Out scored by Shaw, Agarwal and fellow middle order players like Vihari & Bawne in FC games v SA A.

Outscored by Agarwal , Gill, Pandey & Rayudu in A limited overs series.

the big bambino

International Captain
Don’t think you’ll be facing Pattinson. Adelaide under lights is a similar situation as playing on a green wicket and it brings the bowling teams closer together. I think you’d struggle but you have the one world class bat on either side who could master the conditions. Anyway it’s just speculation now. Didn’t Siraj bowl a 149k ball in the IPL?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've already refused playing the day night test I think.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Agarwal has done everything asked of him. He just didn't perform in IPL which is hindering his ODI and Test selection.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One innings is not a good indicator but imo, Iyer against SL in that ODI on a greentop was enough evidence that he's not ready for Test cricket yet.

srbhkshk

International Captain
View attachment 24280

Old Sanjay Manjrekar tweet from 2012. Weird game, cricket.
I suspect that's from India's tour of Australia where Kohli promptly scored a century in the next test. To be fair to Sanjay, if you were watching Virat and Rohit bat in conditions without swing - there's a good chance you will mistake Rohit for the better bat.

cnerd123

likes this
wtf. this physio should be fired

Saha is already 33. We don't have much time left with him. It's time to groom a replacement keeper for both Tests and ODIs (assuming MSD retires after 2019).

Pant can bat but is still really raw and his keeping needs a lot of work. Karthik is just as old as Saha. Sanju Samson maybe? Ishan Kishan is a keeper too right? And what is Naman Ojha up to?

Borges

International Regular
I think Srikar Bharat (India A keeper for the longer format) is the clear next in line. Samson, perhaps, for limited overs.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good to see Shubman Gill now in the 4-day A team. Following with Privthi Shaw I think he will jump quite a few in the queue.

What happened Nagarkoti ? I see Mavi obviously been in recent limited overs A squads.