Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1118
Like Tree499Likes

Thread: Indian Cricket Tea Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    #KL2019 #CaptainKooL
    #CaptainBhuvi
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    India always had a bowling coach, even when Shastri was Director of Cricket the first time. Pretty sure it will be the same lines of demarcation now.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Bangar was always there - batting coach. They also always had a bowling coach.
    Dravid will just be there for the overseas tours and this obviously was done in view of India's overseas schedules starting with the South Africa series later this year.

3 full time coaches including head coach - that's pretty much the standard for all teams these days.
    Yeah head coach along with bowling and batting consultants are pretty much norm. I was referring to the guys who said India doesnot need coaches at this level like Kapil dev said it
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    It's not that bad, Prats. Calm the **** down.

Bangar has always been there and knows the limits of his role well. Dravid wouldn't dream of interfering. Zaheer is the bowling consultant and has no power. There is one major base of decision making and that's Shastri-Kohli who seem to gel well.
    No it's quite bad. Shastri wants his own support staff as per the screenshot I posted. There was a rumour there would be a bigwig he would bring soon. One wonders why the committee went beyond their power of appointing the coach to appoint advisers which they were not supposed to do. A coach needs his own men, it helps him function the way he intends to. Even Sehwag had suggested that he would bring his own men, which is reasonable really.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I thought only the BCCI, the Indian Cricket Team, and the Supreme Court can mess up something that was not broken this bad. Then I see what is happening with CA and the Australian cricketers..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Pratters seemingly got his wish. This whole thing has been a farce

BCCI does u-turn on Rahul Dravid, Zaheer Khan appointments | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

This isn't my wish. It is just what it has been. You can't appoint a coach and choose the support staff. Ganguly, Sachin and Dravid went beyond their powers and it was really not nice of them to appoint the support staff.
    harsh.ag likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    CAC looks more and more like dummy. They did not want Shastri but he was eventually chosen. Now this.

There has been news around that it was basically Ganguly who wanted anyone but Shastri and has been the case since last year for whatever reason against Sachin, Kohli and everyone else being pro Shastri. Apparently Sachin convinced Shastri to apply, and Ganguly tried hard to ensure Shastri wont take it by first choosing the support staff for Shastri and then trying to delay the announcement saying he needed to talk to Kohli. VVS stayed out since Moody was involved, which was very convenient to help him stay neutral I think. The CAC is just a mess and honestly, the more I see and hear what Ganguly has to say, the more I feel we should keep him away from such committees as much as possible. Its fine if he is elected president of the CAB, but lets not have him in these committees. Very conveniently overlooked conflict of interest there too.

The problem for me is that this isn't a full time job like say Strauss for England. They come, meet, go back to their million other things, come back, and so on. Ganguly is dominant personality and wants his way and so is Kohli. We can't have two people who want to impose their views like this. A captain should get freedom and so should coach. The idea of a committee is good. However, then we have another committee appointed by the supreme court which has veto powers sort of. The tussles should end, else 2019 is going to end in disaster like 2007.

2007 was bad but then we never really had a prayer of beating that Aussie side even with our best men all in their best moods. 2019 is gonna be so disappointing coz its obvious we have the team and the talent to bring home the WC and yet we are gonna squander it away with off field issues. The Pak board are doing better than us, FFS.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    This is really poor even by BCCI standards

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    The BCCI had nothing to do with this mess, for a change. This is entirely on the shoulders of the COA and the CAC.
    honestbharani likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    India to host Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka in home season | The Indian Express

A bazillion limited overs matches scheduled over the next few months and the SA tour will be cut short again. **** this ****,ive been looking forward to that tour for ages.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 01-08-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    zorax, vcs and Pratters like this.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    India to host Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka in home season | The Indian Express

A bazillion limited overs matches scheduled over the next few months and the SA tour will be cut short again. **** this ****,ive been looking forward to that tour for ages.
    That is ****. Why can't we have 4 Tests in SA. FFS

Then again, if we're getting smashed, it might be a blessing, but I suspect we might not do so bad in this round of overseas tours. Did relatively well in our last two-three trips there, last time with a very inexperienced team.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread Information