• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shri

Mr. Glass
Bet he never comes on as first change in his career.
He'll maybe even whine a bit when he's used as the second change bowler before he's given the new ball again. Honestly, the kid is going to take a lot of **** if he makes it. Looks like Bieber for starters and will constantly be compared to you know who if he makes one run with the bat. If I were him, I would just pretend to be a tailender.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rohan debuted in FC crcicket in the mid 90s and averaged 45. He was not given a go in tests. Strange. Its not like we couldn't have given him a chance as an opener or something. Our middle order formed in the late 90s with Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman but he could have opened.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Averaging 45 in the 90s wasn't great. Batsmen used to regularly average 50-60 on flat track domestic wickets. Rohan was never a very good batsman.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah there were lots of players putting up better numbers, and his technique was never suited to opening. He was somewhat fortunate to play international cricket at all given he wasn't even really an above average domestic performer in the format he was selected in.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Average age in that BPXI playing against SA A seems to be in the low 20s. Pretty understandably getting ****ed.

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
It does say something when you have one player making his first class debut and your most experienced player is Ishan Kishan

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I do hope Mavi and Porel do well - Mavi bowled at an extremely good pace in the IPL (145 kph) and Porel was impressive in U19 WC

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it hard to rate Mavi at this point, all he's got is pace and nothing else. Early days obviously but still.

Borges

International Regular
I quite liked what I saw of Yatin Mangwani (in the under 19 games against Sri Lanka). Mohit Jangra too shows promise. At least as of now, the Tendulkar kid is a hack

Shri

Mr. Glass
Of course he is. He hasn't and doesn't have to work a day in his life if he chooses to. Hungrier players will always beat him.

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol some Indian batsmen that I’ve barely heard of are literally dominating South Africa A - 201/2 at run rate of 4.46

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Lol some Indian batsmen that I’ve barely heard of are literally dominating South Africa A - 201/2 at run rate of 4.46
Tbf some of them are domestic TTFs, even some of the bowlers. I have no idea why SA are playing against such a weak team on a road, although I'm not sure if this SA squad is also their first choice? I mean are any of these guys in line for an intl (re)call?

Last edited: