• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am really happy Dravid is getting coaching training apart from helping younger guys . I would love him to coach India in couple of years maybe post 2019..
I want him to stay in his current job for 10 more years, and then have 10 years (at least) with the senior team as his last job.
Yeah Dravid is silently making telling contributions to Indian cricket even after retirement, much more than the more popular CAC and others. But come on guys, we know who were the applicants. Who are your picks? I am rooting for Moody.
Yeah Moody would be a good option.
What do you base this on? As far as I'm concerned, we don't have any way of knowing how great or rubbish Dravid/Moody would be as coaches. And even if Dravid is doing a good job at the lower levels right now, there's zero guarantee that it'll translate.

OverratedSanity

Kumble should have been sacked before champions trophy and no coaching section process should have taken place during champions trophy. If after being poorly handled by bcci and kohli it spilled to the media, they should have had the balls to own it.
Of course they shouldn't don't be silly. Admitting that there's a rift between captain and coach in the middle of a tournament would've been ridiculous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Of course they shouldn't don't be silly. Admitting that there's a rift between captain and coach in the middle of a tournament would've been ridiculous.
Haha haha. It was sillier to start a new selection process and having interviews in the middle of the tournament. That's how it all spilled over in the media. So own it or don't be stupid to do such stupid stuff in the first place.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What do you base this on? As far as I'm concerned, we don't have any way of knowing how great or rubbish Dravid/Moody would be as coaches. And even if Dravid is doing a good job at the lower levels right now, there's zero guarantee that it'll translate.
In Dravid's case, that is why I want him to be at his current role for 10 more years. I have a feeling he will become a good coach by then, and he should only take on the India job as the last frontier kind of a thing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Where did I say Dravid will make a good senior team coach? And Moody, he achieved success with Sri Lanka and he has been good with the Sunrisers and everything I have read on the public forum about his coaching seems to suggest his is the John Wright/Gary Kirsten approach which has proven successful to our teams in the past. Like it or not, every Indian cricketer seems to have/develop an ego, of varying sizes, and the coach has to play around it rather than be blunt and direct. Those methods never seem to work with our players.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Daemon and I mentioned it was a cover up . We called it. You laughed at us saying what was he supposed to say and that he was doing a good job as captain. You didn't mention if you felt it was a cover up or not. Whatever you might feel, it was a cover up and it's not nice seeing it. Your laughing regarding it was dire

I felt it was a cover up too. I said specifically "What else was he supposed to do?" Admitting it was true was just a stupid idea coz the team is on the horns of big trophy defence and you want the captain to admit he is not getting along with the coach? Thank God all you get to do on Indian cricket is have stupid opinions about it. :laugh: And I even said Kohli did a better job with the cover up than some of the captains of the past. If you thought any of these meant I was not accepting that it was a cover up than God help you.

And trust me, telling you "and Daemon" did something does not make it any less stupid. 8-)

Daemon

Haha haha. It was sillier to start a new selection process and having interviews in the middle of the tournament. That's how it all spilled over in the media. So own it or don't be stupid to do such stupid stuff in the first place.
But they had to start the selection process because they probably didn't want Kumble to continue at that point in time? Unfortunately it got leaked. You can argue that maybe they should have waited till after the tournament, but saying that this decision was sillier than sacking Kumble mid tournament instead of just waiting till the contract ends is ridiculous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They didn't need to start selection process, no. Indian team has been without a coach right after Fletcher quit. They could have done it after the tournament.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What all did Kumble do as coach. There were reports of him keeping Murali Vijay out as he was fat. And of traumatising young Kuldeep the same way.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
What all did Kumble do as coach. There were reports of him keeping Murali Vijay out as he was fat. And of traumatising young Kuldeep the same way.
Wasn't it reported that it was kumble who picked kuldeep while the prick from delhi didn't want to.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One of the funniest things is soon after the controversy broke, they showed a video of Kumble throwing balls at Kohli and the reporters saying, see no issue between captain and coach.