• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic Off Season thread 2015

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My boy Stoinis is having a handy game so far. He clearly needs to turn some of his 50s into 100s, but nonetheless this Australia A selection means that he is getting noticed a bit.

SeamUp

International Coach
Any idea why Joe Burns isn't playing ?

I would have gone : Burns, Khawaja, Ferguson, Handscomb, Lynn (I know only there for limited overs)

Talent there with Bancroft, Head, Maddinson. But Head hasn't scored a FC 100 yet bats 3 & then you have Maddinson who you just feel will be one of those frustrating players at international level.

Also reckon the bowling is a bit meh after the current crop in England + Pattinson. Touch wood Joel Paris recovered well from his injury.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Burns is in England playing County Cricket so I think that CA was happy with this. Someone like Ferguson is clearly ahead of others selected, but he has played many times for Aus A and I think the team wanted to develop future players on this tour more so than have a selection trial. Of course good performances in these conditions do mean something.

Not shocked in the slightest that Usman got out to spin in both innings.

SeamUp

International Coach
I thought that may be the case but I didn't see any sort of announcement like Maxwell had to stay at Yorkshire & Burns remains in the 4-day squad list. But that can only be the explanation.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any idea why Joe Burns isn't playing ?

I would have gone : Burns, Khawaja, Ferguson, Handscomb, Lynn (I know only there for limited overs)

Talent there with Bancroft, Head, Maddinson. But Head hasn't scored a FC 100 yet bats 3 & then you have Maddinson who you just feel will be one of those frustrating players at international level.

Also reckon the bowling is a bit meh after the current crop in England + Pattinson. Touch wood Joel Paris recovered well from his injury.
Nah he won't. Because he will never play. (again).

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How long will it take Head to convert a start into a ton and why is the answer never in a million years?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mishra's 13* off 39 as India powered towards the declaration at 2.6 runs per over must have been quite the crowd pleaser

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
India A all out for 135, awesome effort, all the bowlers figures look good.

From the first game Burns, Ferguson and Agar are in for Head, Maddinson and Abbott.

I didn't realize that Burns and Ferguson were options for this tour, thought that the selectors just wanted to play the younger guys.

adub

International Captain
Yeah super burst from Guru and Fekete to clean up the tail. Big opportunity for Burns and maybe even Ferg to put their name up.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ton for Bancroft . . .

This guy could be a darkhorse for Rogers' opening spot, If Shaun Marsh ends up in the middle order

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I'm a fan of Bancroft. It is great to see him score his runs at a good clip too, as in his short career to date that is definitely the area he has needed to improve.

SeamUp

International Coach
I seem to remember Bancroft showing quite a bit of fight in the u19 WC SF a few years ago against SA. Seems to be going through levels nicely & can bat time which is being lost in the game today.