• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Pakistan is so "Unpredictable"??

FRAZ

International Captain
No diss Please first of all !!
Just have a question that since their first match that Pakistan has played untill now , Why the hell they are so Unpredictable. There are atleast one million examples that I can give about their hot & cold nature of Playing . I have read a lot of times that they are Unpredictable . But No one has explained The reason . I mean in every one day world cup they were among the Bookies Favourites. Even Their one famous victory against England in 50's (Oval test ) was Unpredictable . The 1992 world cup Well no need to discuss that cuz we all know ! even their recent home victory over South Africa was Unpredictable. Can some one please explain why Pakistani team is like this ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The lack of consistency in selections and selectors meaning there's a different side every week and 3/4 different panels a year means they never get a cogent, coherent unit going.

FRAZ

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
The lack of consistency in selections and selectors meaning there's a different side every week and 3/4 different panels a year means they never get a cogent, coherent unit going.
No but In Imran times there were not such problems . Hmmm may be 90's was the politics time . But General Tauqeer'S time wasnt a politics era atall .So i guess selection inconsistency is may be one point of those bunch of reasons but not the whole answer I guess . In 70's they were considered to be the most talented team . I mean each and every player has got this good day bad day attitude . So when the player are combined this micro theory becames macro . If you are gonna paint M Sami's colour white and put a nice little goatee on his face and put him in a team as a white player to play for a season . still every one is gonna say that he is "Pakistani" ....

Craig

World Traveller
Different panels, boards, captains, etc.

We can write a book on it.

Should be a best seller.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Different panels, boards, captains, etc.

We can write a book on it.

Should be a best seller.
Right now I guess there is not much of a politics involved and still we cant put them as favourites for hmmm even against India . We still have a doubt "Will they or Wont they "?

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think that is the case with all Asian sides actually. It happens even when the same team is picked continuously. Have no clue what the reason is .

FRAZ

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
I think that is the case with all Asian sides actually. It happens even when the same team is picked continuously. Have no clue what the reason is .
In one wa you are right. But India and Srilanka are a little predictable . I mean if I am Aussie and playing against Srilanka . Then our initial pre match planning will be how to tackle Murali and if we clear him we have chances . And against India I will first of all judge the conditions then I can predict a little bit that who is going to win . But against Pakistan we cant just make any special planning I guess..Why?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
i think the inconsistency level has improved slightly since javed has come back in to the frame

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There have always been short spells of consistency.
Consistently bad then consistently good.
Short spells of consistency make long spells of inconsistency.
India and Sri Lanka have never suffered from it (both have just consistently been brilliant at home and terrible away). Pakistan is somewhat unique from what I know of it in terms of polical and military background and that surely has to have massive influence.
Turbulance extends to everything. As Zimbabwe are finding-out.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
In the last few series pakistan didnt play that badly but in one game against new zealand they got out for 100 and something and bowled badly.Overall they have been consistent against the likes of bangladesh and south africa

Choora

State Regular
Its not just Pakistan that is unpredictable, even Indian team is unpredictable.

In Pak case there are many factors, but things got really bad during Tauqir Zia's period.The guy was a clown, he changed captain, coach and manager 10-12 times. The whole concept of naming someone a captain for just one series was totally ridiculous.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Now that Zia has gone pakistan should not change coaches and captains alot.But i do think that yousef youhana should be captain after the india series

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Choora said:
Its not just Pakistan that is unpredictable, even Indian team is unpredictable.

In Pak case there are many factors, but things got really bad during Tauqir Zia's period.The guy was a clown, he changed captain, coach and manager 10-12 times. The whole concept of naming someone a captain for just one series was totally ridiculous.
Hmmm no India is a dark horse , I mean one can always expect them to be flat track bullies and they ae gonna perform best on those types of pitches . And their bowlers , well I guess cant just easily bowl out the opposition. And Pakistan on a batsman friendly pitch ON one day can score 350 against Australia and next day against India they can fall over for lets say 100 on the same pitch . Offcourse the Indian performance is exceptional against Aussies now but we cant say it was Unpredictable , we can say that it was kind of an upsetish Dark horse performance . Same thing I can say about Srilanka's 1996 performance . But Pakistan can either make minced meat of Australia in Australia with any team they will have or they will be slaughtered easily . Same against India they are gonna win 2 matches then they are gonna loose 3rd one out of nowhere .
Not even in just Cricket Also in Squash they were world champs for 30 years , then didnt win any thing for 10 years then again kept winning for 20 years each and every british open and World Championship but after Jansher and Jahangir again they have world's most talented players who are gonna win one championship then they are gonna finish last in the next one .despite having World's best players. In field hockey too you can never put Pakistan as a favourite and you cant just put them as underdogs. Cuz they finished last in the world championship in 93 and after 6 months they won the field hockey world cup in 94 . Waoh what a F***ed up consistancy Oh I remember M yousaf their Snooker player Finished last in 92 and won the 93 world cup snooker and in 94 didnt even qualify and 96 he was no.2 in the cup . . Is it a culture or their tradition to do such things . Their is no progress rate their performance graph in even every thing is like an ocean wave . Why is that ...?

FRAZ

International Captain
Richard said:
There have always been short spells of consistency.
Consistently bad then consistently good.
Short spells of consistency make long spells of inconsistency.
India and Sri Lanka have never suffered from it (both have just consistently been brilliant at home and terrible away). Pakistan is somewhat unique from what I know of it in terms of polical and military background and that surely has to have massive influence.
Turbulance extends to everything. As Zimbabwe are finding-out.
Hmm well gonna go a little off cricket . Pakistani people actuall love army by the way . The only military rule which was f***ed up was Zia time . Other wise Military is the best department of Pakistan . And the criticism, Mullahism , Banism and heroine , Missiles , Kashmir , This and that , Klashankov (AK47 culture), Afghanis were in that Zia time . But in that time Pakistani Cricket team had not much of an effect on any PLAYING ASPECT. Any ways its not a political topic . The reason is "Punjab" region . The most discriminated region of India and Pakistan . I mean this region has all the best sport heros and the richest province which has been feeding all the sub continent , When ever the team needs only these Punjabis perform .And all the victories that India and Pakistn has had are due to the Punjabis . And actually this is in the blood of Punjabi that he performs when ever he has the mood other wise his brain remains in fairy land .And cuz Pakistan team is And actually all of Pakistani sports has been composed of Punjabis so I guess their old sayings work truely well on the basis of every thing they do . Well thats my point . I dont know what Indians and Pakistanis have to say about it .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
Offcourse the Indian performance is exceptional against Aussies now but we cant say it was Unpredictable
Aside from the fact that apart from Amits, nobody predicted it?!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a shame he got banned - it really is remarkable that a crank could have predicted close to what no-one else did (he did say 3-0 to India, but everyone else said 3- or 4-0 to Australia).
The "I told you so"ing would have been worth reading.

Choora

State Regular
FRAZ said:
The reason is "Punjab" region . The most discriminated region of India and Pakistan . I mean this region has all the best sport heros and the richest province which has been feeding all the sub continent , When ever the team needs only these Punjabis perform .And all the victories that India and Pakistn has had are due to the Punjabis .
Rubbish, pure rubbish. S Gawaskar, Dravid, Tendulkar do they mean something to you? they aren't punjabi but can one say that they aren't match winners??

As far as Pak ae concerned, 70 percent of the players are punjabis, the other people are the one who has to face discrimination.To say that Punjabis in Pak cricket are facing diccrimination is hilaious!