Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warnie - Please Stop

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Just wait till he refuses to rule out a comeback to the Test team again.
    Saddest part of that is that he'd probably still be good enough to take plenty of English wickets

............. might be his last chance though

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    you know the moment this happens he'll just start talking **** about him too.

benchy was 100% right about him.
    There's a lot to like about Shane Warne the bowler, there's a lot to like about Shane Warne the cricket player...

There's not a lot to like about Shane Warne.
    _Ed_ likes this.

U19 Vice-Captain
    I love it how he constantly says how Tubby Taylor was the best captain he played under just to remind us how he can't stand Steve Waugh.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Warne and Ian Chappell constantly harp on about how they don't like coaches and think they should be in the background if there at all...blah blah blah.

Warne and Chappell both played in eras of strong teams with strong leaders and heaps of established experienced men in the teams. Which is great, but isn't always the case. Our current team doesn't contain Warne, Waughs, Langer, Hayden, McGrath, Gilchrist, Ponting and all these seasoned blokes. It's ok to have a coach. It's ok to defer to him for advice midmatch, ffs.

Warne took issue with Lehmann allegedly calling the declaration. To me, it doesn't matter if Lehmann or Smith called it, or it was a combined decision. Lehmann to me always seemed like a solid tactician and leader, so when you have a captain thrust into the role in his first series as skipper who has played under 70 FC matches, aligned with a man coaching with nearly 300 FC games, why the hell wouldn't Smith defer to wisdom and experience. It doesn't have to be divisive, again ffs.

Warne seems to thrive on this "best captain never to captain" ****. Maybe he was great tactically, but it's clear from his personality he'd be the most divisive bloke in the change room and would never be a long term test captain.

Finally, Warne is always alluding to how he hated Buchanan. Which is fine. But seriously, Buchanan was doing nothing out of the ordinary for most other sports. AFL teams all use Leading Teams and all that sort of stuff, and that's the type of stuff Buchanan was trying to instil. What's the problem there? All sports have changed and evolved. Players are different now, no one seriously into sports psych thinks you just treat everyone the same like they did in the 60s and 70s. Quality coaches like Lehmann are gold imo.

The declaration thing is a crock, it's basically only because the TV cameras were on Lehmann as he was trying to call them in. Smith says that he was trying to call them in and the batsmen couldn't see it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    Warne seems to thrive on this "best captain never to captain" ****. Maybe he was great tactically, but it's clear from his personality he'd be the most divisive bloke in the change room and would never be a long term test captain.
    Agree with the rest except this. He was fantastic with RR and seemed universally loved during his stint at Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by African Monkey View Post
    I love it how he constantly says how Tubby Taylor was the best captain he played under just to remind us how he can't stand Steve Waugh.
    Disgraceful how he is hiding behind the truth like that.

Ian Chappell and Shane Warne are 2 of the most self-righteous cricket personalities. They always talk like their opinions are absolute.

It irritates me to no end that cricinfo is always promoting Chappel pieces in their front pages. Been much impressed with the likes of Allan Border and Brandon Julien at the WC. Ch 9 needs to kick the other 2 out immediately, and throw in Brayshaw there too. But all that is too hopeful thinking I guess. .
    Last edited by BigBrother; 24-02-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Chappelli much better value when he forgets he's Ian ****ing Chappell.
    _Ed_ and hendrix like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Chappell is nowhere near the same league as Warne.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    im like 7 pages into whitewash to whitewash and

Warne maintained an even and confident visage in the lead-up to Perth. Voges chuckles at the memory of his first Australian team meeting and Warne's part in it. "John Buchanan talked to the boys about how they were trying to get better, he says. "Warnie made a bit of a smart-arse comment: "we're going pretty good, mate. We'll just keep doing what we're doing and we'll win this test match and the Ashes," and that was the end of the meeting.'
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    One thing to keep in mind with Warnie is that he's a classic narcissist. Funny thing, Warne has obviously won a lot in his time and he tended to get his way because, well, he delivered a lot. Was watching Enter the Dragon the other day and initially I thought Warne reminded me of Jim Kelly's character i.e. not worrying about when he loses, I'll be too busy looking gooood, etc. Except, he didn't behave that way. When Warne was genuinely struggling with his bowling in '99 and was dropped, he didn't just take it in his stride. He had a massive spit, threatened to quit and it took, from all reports, a huge effort to normalise relations between him and S Waugh and those who were with Waugh I doubt Warne ever forgave.

Guess what I'm saying is when he's got his tail up, Warne's a net positive for any team. But when he's down, if you don't just blindly back him to come good again, you're the enemy and will always be so. Probably need to keep that in mind when evaluating what he says about players and teams and who should be playing or in charge. Case in point, Warne's unquestioned backing of Shane Watson's place in the Test side.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 25-02-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Remember how he treated Bailey during the bbl? Was so obvious he didn't believe he deserved odi captaincy.

Bloke is a ****
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

School Boy/Girl Captain Bushranger's Avatar
    Warne has lost the plot and growing up I was one of his biggest fans, now all I keep thinking is please sack him channel 9.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information