• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warnie - Please Stop

cnerd123

likes this
Warne seems to thrive on this "best captain never to captain" ****. Maybe he was great tactically, but it's clear from his personality he'd be the most divisive bloke in the change room and would never be a long term test captain.
Agree with the rest except this. He was fantastic with RR and seemed universally loved during his stint at Hampshire.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Ian Chappell and Shane Warne are 2 of the most self-righteous cricket personalities. They always talk like their opinions are absolute.

It irritates me to no end that cricinfo is always promoting Chappel pieces in their front pages. Been much impressed with the likes of Allan Border and Brandon Julien at the WC. Ch 9 needs to kick the other 2 out immediately, and throw in Brayshaw there too. But all that is too hopeful thinking I guess. .

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im like 7 pages into whitewash to whitewash and

Warne maintained an even and confident visage in the lead-up to Perth. Voges chuckles at the memory of his first Australian team meeting and Warne's part in it. "John Buchanan talked to the boys about how they were trying to get better, he says. "Warnie made a bit of a smart-arse comment: "we're going pretty good, mate. We'll just keep doing what we're doing and we'll win this test match and the Ashes," and that was the end of the meeting.'

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing to keep in mind with Warnie is that he's a classic narcissist. Funny thing, Warne has obviously won a lot in his time and he tended to get his way because, well, he delivered a lot. Was watching Enter the Dragon the other day and initially I thought Warne reminded me of Jim Kelly's character i.e. not worrying about when he loses, I'll be too busy looking gooood, etc. Except, he didn't behave that way. When Warne was genuinely struggling with his bowling in '99 and was dropped, he didn't just take it in his stride. He had a massive spit, threatened to quit and it took, from all reports, a huge effort to normalise relations between him and S Waugh and those who were with Waugh I doubt Warne ever forgave.

Guess what I'm saying is when he's got his tail up, Warne's a net positive for any team. But when he's down, if you don't just blindly back him to come good again, you're the enemy and will always be so. Probably need to keep that in mind when evaluating what he says about players and teams and who should be playing or in charge. Case in point, Warne's unquestioned backing of Shane Watson's place in the Test side.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Remember how he treated Bailey during the bbl? Was so obvious he didn't believe he deserved odi captaincy.

Bloke is a ****

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Warne has lost the plot and growing up I was one of his biggest fans, now all I keep thinking is please sack him channel 9.