• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will this Turn USA cricket Around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've got to be a lot more aware (is that the right word?) in the field as a baseballer. As a runner as well tbf. So many different plays you can make unlike cricket where you just pick one of the two ends.

Raina would make a good baseball player with his fake throws :ph34r:

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I reckon baseball is to cricket like gridiron is to rugby union: a less subtle, less nuanced, less sophisticated, more repetitive version of the same basic theme. I like baseball, but I could never love it like I do cricket.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I reckon baseball is to cricket like gridiron is to rugby union: a less subtle, less nuanced, less sophisticated, more repetitive version of the same basic theme. I like baseball, but I could never love it like I do cricket.
I disagree. You need a reason to be into it, and once you have one you realise baseball has subtlety, nuance, sophistication and variety in spades. It also has an incredibly rich history.

Cricket fans should be the easiest to convince of the charms of baseball. The two have so much in common.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Certainly would be interesting if 1 or 2 make it,a few recently retireds in the USA team,options opened.If done in time could be in time for Amercias qualification for T20 qualifier.