• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Greatest" MS Dhoni captaincy moment

His greatest moment in tests

• Total voters

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm no Dhoni apologist but the series was won - and an away series at that. Seems fairly pragmatic and similar to Smith yesterday
It would have Been a seriously easy victory from memory.

The pitch Was very flat and they had so many wickets in hand With just 4 an over to get.

Kirkut

International Regular
Ishant Sharma reduces England to 65/6 at Lord's test 2011. Captain loses his brain, takes Sharma off and gives Suresh Raina a new spell.

Kirkut

International Regular
Also, I have watched in many occasions Ishant Sharma bowling with the second new ball with no slip fielders. Not sure whether that was a captain's decision or the bowler's.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It would have Been a seriously easy victory from memory.

The pitch Was very flat and they had so many wickets in hand With just 4 an over to get.
The pitch was anything but flat, everyone struggled to score runs in that test, highlighted by the fact that the highest RR was 3.20 in the 3 innings prior to the chase. India tried to send in Raina early to see if he can accelerate but he got out and 86 off 90 was pretty difficult on that pitch. Not to mention the fact that Dravid and Laxman aren't exactly the guys you want in a 5th day run chase.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Some gems in this list, for on-field wait-what moments. Off the field, any decision to stick to Ishant Sharma for a long term, especially after Dec 2012, is one, as also Dhoni's unusual knack of fitting in at least 3 T20I misfits or IPL/SMAT failures a game in every T20I squad. And his endorsement of a very obscure mobile phone brand that's almost vanished from the market and is barely visible.

Not Dhoni's fault, but BCCI's Dhoni moment would be when they renewed non-performing, misfit Duncan Fletcher's contract as head coach.