• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Katich call up

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
If Agarkar and Badani scored runs the bowling was poor!
No two ways about that!:lol:
Or maybe the batting was good, or are these 2 more players you don't rate therefore it is impossible that they batted well?

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Or maybe the batting was good, or are these 2 more players you don't rate therefore it is impossible that they batted well?
Nah, Rich is right. They got those runs off of Symonds mainly, and Harvey, who started well, but seemed to lose his way. And the fielding sudenly dropped in quality as well.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
In the last 10 overs a good length is not what would normally be a good length.
A conventional good length is in fact a very poor length.
A reasonable Yorker (it doesn't have to be right on the creaseline every ball) will stop anyone, no matter how heavy a bat and big a swing, from scoring boundaries. And if the field is set well singles won't come every ball either.
That was my point DONT BOWL a normal good length ball.

Any way you are right about good yorkers they are hard to score from but also extreamly hard to bowl consistantly.

Some players can hit low full tosses for six as well as slightly underpitched yorkers.

For one I have seen Heath Streak hit what I considerd an almost perfect yorker from McGrath for six over cover the ball would have landed about a foot half a foot short of the base off middle stump but he somehow got under it.

Abdur Razzaq and Ricky Ponting I have seen plunder low full tosses balls only slightly off being perfect yorkers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I actually rather like Badani, always have, but the sad truth is he's not a very good batsman by international standards. It's always fun to see Agarkar score runs, especially against Australia, but the fact is, if they bowl like they normally do, he doesn't score runs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
That was my point DONT BOWL a normal good length ball.

Any way you are right about good yorkers they are hard to score from but also extreamly hard to bowl consistantly.

Some players can hit low full tosses for six as well as slightly underpitched yorkers.

For one I have seen Heath Streak hit what I considerd an almost perfect yorker from McGrath for six over cover the ball would have landed about a foot half a foot short of the base off middle stump but he somehow got under it.

Abdur Razzaq and Ricky Ponting I have seen plunder low full tosses balls only slightly off being perfect yorkers.
Yes, yes, you get some batsmen who are better at it than others, but the fact is, most can't hit low Full-Tosses very well.
And anything pitching is almost impossible to get under; yes, it happens occasionaly. When it does, you just have to shrug and walk back, comforting yourself that it won't happen much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
haha yeah i loved watching him play and miss about 15 times before he got going....
But at least he got going - more than anyone else except Agarkar did.