• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nice to see my man do the business Vs. India today, knew he'd do good

Although Symonds hittin Pathan onto the WACA roof was undoubtabley the highlight of the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He hit Kartik onto the roof, he hit Pathan over it.
For me the highlight of the game was Bichel being hammered around the ground.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ford_GTHO351 said:
Gilchrist ... Great to watch :D
Hmm...:wow:
That's a MOO.:cool2:
I don't enjoy watching him bat at all.
But if some do, then that's of course up to them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SquidAU said:
And what about those who said Gilly was out of form........
"Form", that great deceptive term.
What does it mean? He wasn't especially hitting the ball badly in the Test-series, he just didn't score many runs.
He has been hitting the ball well in the ODIs (and he has also had his customary excessive share of luck) and the stats favour him.
But stats in one form of the game don't mean much as to the other. If Gilchrist's Test failures continue in Sri Lanka, he'll still be out of the runs there.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I don't enjoy watching him bat at all.
But if some do, then that's of course up to them.
thats right, alot of people do enjoy watching him bat, and everyone knows you dont enjoy watching him bat, so i dont think you need to repeat it....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, it's not.
You seriously need to get over total ignoring of blatant facts.
Gilchrist needs dropped catches to score runs most of the time. I don't mind so much in ODIs as in Tests, but it's still true.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Such as?
Judging a bowler on what he bowls, rather than on how the batsmen play, perhaps?

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thought Gilly was deverstating the other night, really punished the indian attack.

The catch he took standing up harvey showed that he's also a top class keeper as well as an amazing batsman.

Hope to see him do more of the same tonight!