• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowler hiding the ball

Watson33

U19 12th Man
If i'm not mistaken, didn't Shoaib used to a similar thing to Gillespie's aeroplane when he ran in? Seem to remember he used to do a lot of different things when he charged in.

BeeGee

International Captain
I can't think of anything a bowler could do in their delivery run that could be more distracting than the action of Paul "frog in blender" Adams. As long as the actual delivery of the ball meets all of the legal requirements, I really don't see a problem. Likewise a batsman moving around in the crease before delivery is fine (as long as he doesn't change hands before the ball is bowled).

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm...what I do think. I think bowlers actions self regulate themselves as you can't bowl a good ball if you are farting about in your run up.