• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does a ''real'' cricket fan have to hate LOI and/or consider them irrelevant?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deep down, I'm sure that we would all agree that it is far more difficult to play Test cricket, and to succeed at Test Cricket, than any other form of the game. It is the unbelievable skill and tenacity required to bat all day against McGrath and Warne, or Marshall and Holding that we really admire, and puts the 5 Day game on a higher plain.
There's like one person in this thread who is arguing against this, if that.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Limited over games involve deadlines, and it can be no one's case that deadlines aren't a lot of pressure requiring a specific skill set to cope with.

I'd expand a lot more on my point if I weren't in transit flying out through Chandigarh airport with a sore arm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And I haven't seen anyone here saying the players don't give a crap about T20.
No but we're saying that T20 WC is important because of that. Agree or disagree, its a line or argument.

Telling people who are saying limited overs cricket matters that test cricket matters more because its more skilful and the form where the greatest moments have happened doesn't add anything to the debate really. Its just irrelevant.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Jono doing his best to earn himself more points now. Copped the filter avoidance infraction and now he can't stop :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, family forum gents.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Burgey entrapment is solid defence surely?

Edit: Wait I was the one who started it. I'm all over the joint here. I blame Yuvraj.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As defending BOTM champion, Jono is under the pump. He's deliberately trying to get infracted to cultivate a bad boy image and gain some much needed street cred.

I'm onto you, ****.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Limited over games involve deadlines, and it can be no one's case that deadlines aren't a lot of pressure requiring a specific skill set to cope with.

I'd expand a lot more on my point if I weren't in transit flying out through Chandigarh airport with a sore arm.
:ph34r: