• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts for next Season.My guess.

brockley

International Captain
Test Players , Rogers,Warner,Watson,Doolan,Marsh,Clarke,Smith Haddin,Johnson,Siddle,Pattinson,Harris,Lyon and Faulkner.
One day contracts ,Starc,Bailey,Finch,Maxwell and Mckay.

brockley

International Captain
Yes Doolan done ok,Hughes not played since England and not since India in the one dayers,i found it hard to leave out Nathan Coulter Nile,but when all fit he misses out.

Ruckus

International Captain
yeah haven't been that impressed by Doolan. He just looks kind of out of his element in test cricket, and I mean if we want to build for the future what advantage does he present over other players who have suffered the same problems but are younger and have more potential (e.g. Hughes). Just looks like a poor man's Cowan, and that's not really high praise.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I don't see the value of giving Hughes a contract yet. He'll probably replace Rogers at some point in the next 15 months, but it certainly won't happen in the UAE. I guess the lesson that Hughes needs to heed is that selection to the Australian team is not a revolving door. I don't feel he particularly deserves any more perks for "potential".

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see the value of giving Hughes a contract yet. He'll probably replace Rogers at some point in the next 15 months, but it certainly won't happen in the UAE. I guess the lesson that Hughes needs to heed is that selection to the Australian team is not a revolving door. I don't feel he particularly deserves any more perks for "potential".
The reason why Hughes is at or near Australian selection is because his record at Shield level is a lot better than everyone else outside of the Australian side.

Yes records aren't everything, but it's hard to see what else he needs to do.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The reason why Hughes is at or near Australian selection is because his record at Shield level is a lot better than everyone else outside of the Australian side.

Yes records aren't everything, but it's hard to see what else he needs to do.
Play 5 consecutive games for Australia without getting dropped, learn to score runs on slower wickets, fix his technique.

For starters.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Play 5 consecutive games for Australia without getting dropped, learn to score runs on slower wickets, fix his technique.

For starters.
He has worked on his technique already.Boof sees Hughes as Rogers replacement at the top of the order.

Btw unlike a few on here I have been impress with Doolan.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bailey, Clarke, Faulkner, Finch, Haddin, Harris, Hughes, Johnson, Lyon, Marsh, Maxwell, Rogers, Pattinson, Siddle, Smith, Starc, Warner, Watson.

Marsh. Shaun Marsh. FMD.