• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket trivia

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Someone posted this on Facebook a few days ago...

Who is the only player to score 10,000 first class runs at an average of 50+ but never play a test match?

Correct answer gets to ask the next question.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which cricketer made a breath taking list a century in a competition final and finished his career with a one day economy rate of 3?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF is going on here?? Uvo = Thread killer!!

Did he get Benchy's question right or what?? NFI what "cheeqs" is.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Richard Chee Quee - a man who, incidentally enough, made a ton in a List A final and has a career economy rate of 3.

And it was Brad Hodge, right uvo? Or am I getting my egocentric Victorian #3 batsmen mixed up again?

uvelocity

International Coach
hints:

I was rooming with Mike Veletta and we were both in line for it. It was a 50-50 bet. The coach, Bob Simpson, roomed us together just before that Test match and Mike was thinking he was going to play and I was thinking I was going to play. Someone was going to be upset. It was two days before the match that AB [Allan Border, the captain] called me into his room and said, "I want you to bat No. 3 for Australia here. I like the way you play." It was the first time he'd ever really spoken to me, even though we'd already been there for four and a half weeks.
I didn't drink water overnight. One hour into day two I knew I was in trouble. I didn't drink anything apart from a cup of tea or coffee. We didn't know anything about dehydration and rehydration back then. Then I just batted from memory basically. I can't remember much from 120 on. I know nearly every shot in every innings I played. I can't remember a thing after 120 in that innings.
I didn't want to come out after tea. I was 202 and I was just gone. Simmo and AB just pushed me out and said, "You're batting." When you're urinating in your pants and vomiting 15 times, you've got massive problems. It wouldn't happen now because of litigious players and workplace safety. Should we be playing in 42 degrees? We go off for rain but we don't go off when it's 42.

uvelocity

International Coach
When you're urinating in your pants and vomiting 15 times, you've got massive problems one of the great lines of modern times btw

watson

Banned
I know that the second and third quotes come from Dean Jones after the Tied Test against India. Don't recall the first one though.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I know that the second and third quotes come from Dean Jones after the Tied Test against India. Don't recall the first one though.
Well FMD, who would have thought that was Dean Jones.......never would have got that in a million years.

Your turn Watson.......

watson

Banned
Which two famous team mates grew up in the same village 5.8 kms from Huddersfield?

Last edited: