• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

howardj

International Coach
Watson tops the first drop averages since Ponting according to those Fox Stats

And yet they want to demote him down the order?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
can u ****s who follow every single cricket journo ever on twitter i.e. spikey and 00, tell us what the word is on the team

Riggins

International Captain
Prince debut at 3?
I'm fine with them wanting to wait til and opening spot clears up for the Prince.

I would be picking Doolan at 6 regardless of the rest of the team basically, and then if Watto's fit he plays at 3. If he's not then I've got no issue with them playing Marsh even though I would have preferred him to make some runs before being picked in the original squad. In 12-18 months if Dools is still around and has begun to establish himself as a test batsman then move him up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watson tops the first drop averages since Ponting according to those Fox Stats

And yet they want to demote him down the order?
I don't think Watson should go down the order either, but I don't think this is really a solid reason against it.

Maybe they think he'll contribute more lower down. Maybe they think he'll be able to add more with the ball if he's not batting so high. Maybe they think Doolan will be more successful at three than six. It's hardly as simple as just looking at the averages, especially when Doolan hasn't even played a Test yet in any position. If you think they're wrong then fine - so do I - but pointing out that Watson averages more at three than Khawaja, Hughes and Marsh doesn't really do all that much for your point.

And that's all ignoring the fact that Watson is injured and therefore pretty irrelevant to tonight's proceedings anyway.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'm fine with them wanting to wait til and opening spot clears up for the Prince.

I would be picking Doolan at 6 regardless of the rest of the team basically, and then if Watto's fit he plays at 3. If he's not then I've got no issue with them playing Marsh even though I would have preferred him to make some runs before being picked in the original squad. In 12-18 months if Dools is still around and has begun to establish himself as a test batsman then move him up.
yeah this stuff. although i'd probably go north over marsh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Kind of inclined to agree in general, in South Africa at least. I do think there are technical aspects to batting positions that go beyond seniority though, probably more than most do. I'm sure Doolan would have more chance succeeding at #3 than #6 in Sri Lanka or India on debut for example.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Guys help me.

I've just downstairs to put the TV on. I have Foxsports 1,2, fuel etc everything. But no Foxsports 3. What the **** is going on!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Guys help me.

I've just gone downstairs to put the TV on. I have Foxsports 1,2, fuel etc everything. But no Foxsports 3. What the **** is going on!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Guys help me.

I've just gone downstairs to put the TV on. I have Foxsports 1,2, fuel etc everything. But no Foxsports 3. What the **** is going on!
Option 1: Ring Foxtel and abuse them.
Option 2: Log into your Foxtel account and download Foxtel Go! onto your PC.
Option 3: Read benchmark00's twitter.