• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you recruit for the IPL in the January auction?

brockley

International Captain
Quentin Dekock should be retained by Sunrisers,so that would have been my first or second pick.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
5 players retention policy will be unfair to many teams!!

Would like to see De ****,Gayle,Kohli in one team :cool:

brockley

International Captain
Nah Sunrisers will keep him after his season,probably release Sangakjarra who has had 3 poor IPL seasons.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i have no idea who's playing for whoever so I don't give a crap. I liked it when Baz was playing for Kolkata and Shah Rukh Khan was doing his best impressions of a straight man, but now I really don't care

brockley

International Captain
Hard 1 may come up later with it.
With so many players 36 plus hard to see some retained,and their form is tapering off.
Hamid Hassan a surprise 1.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From the Big Bash, I've picked 7 players who I think would be good additions to any IPL franchise at bargin basement price.

Brad Hogg
Nathan Rimmington
Jackson Bird
Ben Laughlin
Michael Klinger
Chris Lynn
Ben Dunk

So I would be targeting some of these players at minimum cost and then spending more on the bigger names.

brockley

International Captain
I think Lynn is on the Sunrisers books,whether they retain them in their 5,or bid for him at the auction is another thing.Same Laughlin on Chennais' books.
Remember if a IPL team bids for a player another IPL team had,they can match the offer in the auction and keep them.Brad Hogg is on Rajistan's books but with 3 year contracts i doubt he will be signed,Nathan Lyon?
Klinger was a flop in his 2 seasons,and Rimmo only got 1 game.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Mumbai, Johnson,Malinga,Rohit Sharma,Pollard,Habajan Singh.

Chennai, Dhoni,Jadeja,Ashwin,Duplessis and Mike Hussey.

Bangalore, Gayle,Devilliers,Kohli,Pujara,Zaheer Khan.

Rajistan, Watson,Faulkner,Rahane,Samson,Hodge.

Dehli, Warner,Morkel,Pieterson,Irfan Pathan, Chand.

Punjab, Shaun Marsh,Miller,Chawla,Kumar,Mahmood.

KKR, Narine,Gambhir,Kallis,Morgan,Shakib.

Sunrisers, De kock,Steyn,Dhawan,Mishra,Dumney.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are all the Indians?

For KKR, I'd like to have a bowling attack of Shami Ahmed, Varun Aaron, LR Shukla, Shakib and Narine, with Basanth Mohanty and Ajay Yadav backing up. It's up to them to put together a proper batting lineup. Yusuf Pathan's stay at KKR is finished, but if they continue to hang on to Kallis, they won't stand a chance of making the knockouts, let alone winning the Trophy. They need to get Tendo back.

I'm not too much in love with the Chennai team, as it seems to have become a Dhoni/Srini private club. What they do is entirely up to them, and hopefully more TN players who don't work in India Cements will play. I hope Baba Aparajith and Malolan play, and they get Balaji back.

Rajasthan, the state the BCCI loves to hate, can put together a bowling attack of Umesh, Pankaj Singh, Watson, Faulkner, Iqbal Abdulla and Ashok Menaria. Batsman Robin Bist should figure in their playing XI, given his form in the Ranji Trophy.

For Mumbai, seeing them stuck with Pollard and Harbhajan is disappointing. Malinga-Johnson-Dhawal-Harbhajan-Ojha is the best bowling combination for them. They can pick up Maharashtra's Kedar and Harshad for their middle-order. They may also have to let go of Dwayne Smith, if they are stuck with Pollard, because they have as many as seven bowling options- they'll need to firm up their batting, with an already strong bowling lineup, instead of weakening their bowling with Pollard and Smith.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think Lynn is on the Sunrisers books,whether they retain them in their 5,or bid for him at the auction is another thing.Same Laughlin on Chennais' books.
Remember if a IPL team bids for a player another IPL team had,they can match the offer in the auction and keep them.Brad Hogg is on Rajistan's books but with 3 year contracts i doubt he will be signed,Nathan Lyon?
Klinger was a flop in his 2 seasons,and Rimmo only got 1 game.
I forgot about the 3 year thing. Just mentioned blokes who I think can do a job without being highly sort after - I suppose Lynn might be starting to get more notice. I hope Jimmy Neesham gets some cash. BTW, is there absolutely no International matches on during the duration of IPL?

brockley

International Captain
Thats just my guess at the 5 chosen,we will know in days the deadline January `10.
IPL sides can bid for a player once the auction finishes but will have 2 pay what the price is,if it is too much then i don't see them keeping that player.
On some older players there is a question mark whether the IPl side will bid for them because of age,as i said thats my guess.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Australia play zimbabwe maybe in April and maybe New Zealand but just one dayers,itinnerry yet to be set in stone.
England play Srilanka in May,so England players off the radar,with Srilanka Jaya,Sanga and Dihlsan 36 and Herath 35,not likely to be given IPL contracts if they unavailable due to International games.
Bangladesh Shakib and Tamim Iqbal only likely,N Hussain and Mahmudullah are posssibles but unlikely,Razzak and Mortaza played and failed,Rahim a chance wicket keeper batsmen,Gazi expensive in T20 as are Bangladesh other pacemen.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh point Nufan and good choices too,just some have been at IPL sides.Seems if you fail once or twice at IPL you get cut ask Ashley Noffke or Brett Geeves. Neesham is a good choice.