• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Squad to go to the west indies

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I agree, and I also think the fact they've overlooked Kabir Ali, Ben Smith, Kadeer Ali, Graeme Hick AND Steve Rhodes to be disgusting.
well Kabir Ali is the only bowler to take 5 wickets in his debut and get Dropped

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I agree, and I also think the fact they've overlooked Kabir Ali, Ben Smith, Kadeer Ali, Graeme Hick AND Steve Rhodes to be disgusting.
Was Hick ever in consideration? He's had plenty of chances, and he's 37 years old.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
well Kabir Ali is the only bowler to take 5 wickets in his debut and get Dropped
Well, to be fair, Kabir Ali came in for the Headingley game because of injury to (name deleted to avoid baiting Rik) and because (name deleted to avoid baiting Rik) was fit again for the Oval test and he seems to be flavour of the month, he came back into the side.

James Kirtley was injured for the final game, so it must have been a toss-up between Kabir Ali and Martin Bicknell (home pitch) for the fourth-seamer slot.

With England's selection very much paying off in the Oval test, who's to say they got it wrong?

I must confess that I was generally unimpressed with Kabir Ali before Headingley but he did have a good game (in parts) there - his time will come if he's as good as you think he is.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Adam, that was aimed at Chris Hinton's undying support for Worcestershire and it's players, irrespective of how they perform. The bottom line is Solanki has done very little and Strauss deserves a chance to show if he can do better (I think he can, although he is more of a FC batsman on paper, so could be interesting).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
iamdavid said:
14.Smith/Waugh/Strauss (what Im saying is pick a genuine batsman rather than some rubbish like Clarke)
Wouldn't Waugh be Mark Wagh of Warwickshire?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Well, to be fair, Kabir Ali came in for the Headingley game because of injury to (name deleted to avoid baiting Rik) and because (name deleted to avoid baiting Rik) was fit again for the Oval test and he seems to be flavour of the month, he came back into the side.

James Kirtley was injured for the final game, so it must have been a toss-up between Kabir Ali and Martin Bicknell (home pitch) for the fourth-seamer slot.

With England's selection very much paying off in the Oval test, who's to say they got it wrong?

I must confess that I was generally unimpressed with Kabir Ali before Headingley but he did have a good game (in parts) there - his time will come if he's as good as you think he is.
Names may be changed in order to not bait anyone:

I feel Mohammed (Ali) did rather well. Stev0 (Harmison) came back into the team despite having an appauling series and took his place and booked his place in the side for the winter tours because (the very leinent) selectors decided to ignore the (in my view) stronger claims of Robert (James Kirtley, his 1st name, he's known by his middle name), and Mohammed (Ali). I didn't think leaving out Mohammed and Robert in the place of Stev0 who only performed in one innings of the series, was very fair. It seemed like all the rubbish Stev0 bowled earlier in the series had not mattered one jot, nor did Mohammed's 5 wickets on debut or Robert's 6-34 in the 2nd Innings of his debut to win the match for The United Kingdom (England) and quite impressive bowling in his other Test of the series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
No he's not.

For England (can't be bothered to check others), there's:

Fred Durston 33.4-2-136-5
Arnold Warren 39.2-9-113-6
Hopper Read 45-14-200-6
Aubrey Smith 38.2-16-61-7
Charles Marriott 41.1-8-96-11

There's also John Ferris, but he played for Australia as well beforehand.

Mind you he never played again after 54.2-27-91-13