• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash 2013/14 Tipping Comp

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
As Big Bash Tipping Champion of the world, I figure I better start this years thread so I have an opportunity to retain my title.

The rules are simple enough:

1) 2 points for a correct tip

2) No editing of tips. At all. If you change your mind please quote your original tips in a new post. Avoids any potential skullbuggery and it's less easy to miss tips for me.

3) If you get 4/4 you get a bonus point, so that's 9 points for the round.

4) The rounds top tipper(s) will each receive an extra point but these will only be used to separate posters who are on the same number of total points. eg: Weekly score: Swingpanzee 6, Lokomotiv 2 - Total score: Swingpanzee would be on 6.1, Lokomotiv 2

5) Non-submitters get the lowest score, minus two points, for the round.

6) Tips must be submitted before the toss to be valid.

7) Latecomers join on the lowest actual score so far minus two points.

8) Competition includes finals series, no bonus points are awarded during the finals, just 2 points for a correct tip.

Round 1 Dec 20-22
Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades
Sydney 6ers vs Sydney Thunder
Brisbane Heat vs Perth Scorchers
Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades
Sydney 6ers vs Sydney Thunder
Brisbane Heat vs Perth Scorchers
Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers

wiff

First Class Debutant
Is this purely for bragging rights? If so I'm in. Just got to check my beetle in the matchbox to see which way he's going to run. Be back soon.

wiff

First Class Debutant
OK sorry,
Renegrades
Thundar
Heet
Streakers
I really tried to push the beetle the other way on this one, but it really seemed to be attracted to Adelaide for some reason that defies nature.

Edit: can I pass the tickets onto someone else as I will be in SA for the fifth?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
12 participants so far.

Join the comp, I'll make all your wildest dreams come true

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The first round is over with everyone bar ajdude getting off the mark. Hopefully his round 2 debut will be better. Tpw123 leads, getting all 3 of the completed matches correct. Unfortunately (or fortunately) doesn't get an opportunity for the bonus point, thanks to the no result.

Two points for a win (not sure why i did this) sees the leaderboard looking something like this:

Code:
1  Tpw123  6.1
2= brockley   4
2= ohnoitsyou  4
2= Dan  4
2= benchmark00  4
2= Riggins   4
2= morgieb   4
2= NUFAN   4
9= uvelocity  2
9= wiff   2
9= TimAngas 2
12 ajdude 00

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round 2 (December 26-29)

Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Renegades
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers
Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes
Sydney 6ers vs Melbourne Stars

Tips before the coin toss please. Latecomers are welcome, you would start on -2.