• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread already, but I get so cynical about Pakistan when they comfortably win one test in a series and then get slaughtered like this in another.

This current series smacks of this series vs. NZ over a decade ago and is equally suspicious. What other teams fortunes change so dramatically within a 2-3 test series?

salman85

International Debutant
Oh please.Put the book of conspiracy theories back in.

Nothing cynical.Pakistan have always been unpredictable, and they have always had to tendency to put in a world class in one match and crumble in the next match, within all ethical and cricketing boundaries.

New Zealand played much better cricket in the 3rd match back then.Just like SA have played much better cricket in the current match.Simple.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I agree with Salman. A decent but sometimes fragile batting lineup getting bowled out for 100 has happened so often against South Africa recently. I'm sure some will say yeah but Tahir took half the wickets but the pressure applied from the other end helps him out and I read he bowled well too.

Also AbDV was dropped on 0 (tough chance) but if that gets taken who knows. Anyway, the game is still not at the halfway point so who knows what will happen as all of Pakistan's top 6 have shown an ability to bat for long periods before.

salman85

International Debutant
I was actually hoping Smith and AB don't get out early so they can bat the whole day today and give our batsmen less time to bat out the remaining test.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Duminy getting a real working over from Irfan. Elgar may have only scored 20 odd but he looked far more adept than both JP and Faf have looked here.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread already, but I get so cynical about Pakistan when they comfortably win one test in a series and then get slaughtered like this in another.

This current series smacks of this series vs. NZ over a decade ago and is equally suspicious. What other teams fortunes change so dramatically within a 2-3 test series?
I love these little blasts from the past where you scan the card to see who was playing. Faisal Iqbal and Imran Farhat stinking up the joint and holding Pakistan back as usual and Grant Bradburn was apparently considered a genuine allrounder back then, which is just lol.

Matty Bell scoring runs!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know it is two batsman new to the crease but with a lead approaching 400 I would want my batsman to have scored more than 4 runs from the last 5 overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love these little blasts from the past where you scan the card to see who was playing. Faisal Iqbal and Imran Farhat stinking up the joint and holding Pakistan back as usual and Grant Bradburn was apparently considered a genuine allrounder back then, which is just lol.

Matty Bell scoring runs!
Making this post without mentioning Sinclair's double ton makes you a very bad man.

salman85

International Debutant
7 down.This is bad news for Pakistan.More than half the match to go.

Should let Faf bat the whole day. :dry:

Xuhaib

International Coach
had Adnan not dropped AB we could have restricted them to 200 and be in with an outside chance yesterday Juanid and Ajmal let us down Babar was injured while Irfan was unlucky anyways I gladly take 1-1 vs Sa these days.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This is why I like Clarke and rate him as a captain. He would have declared a while back and would trust his bowlers to get the job done. Smith on the other hand is very risk averse.