• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

smash84

The Tiger King
it is not like Robbie P is in Ashwin's class.......you see him playing against any decent bowler and you know he is a quack......unless he is playing against pak

Paul S

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan need to finish this now. They don't want Amla frustrating them for 10-12 overs tomorrow morning.

smash84

The Tiger King
Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib were so successful yorking out the tail Why don't the pak bowlers do it nowadays?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
hmmm declare overnight?

I would consider it an option, let the pace bowlers run in full speed all morning at the pakistan top and maybe middle order.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No way would I even think about declaring overnight with Amla still in. Doubt I would even think about it if it was Steyn and Morkel at the crease with the team 9 down. Who knows what could happen tomorrow? SA could easily bat for 90 minutes passing 300 and then having a good 20 minutes to put pressure on the Pakistan debutant.

The less overs SA bowl tomorrow the better..

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
No way would I even think about declaring overnight with Amla still in. Doubt I would even think about it if it was Steyn and Morkel at the crease with the team 9 down. Who knows what could happen tomorrow? SA could easily bat for 90 minutes passing 300 and then having a good 20 minutes to put pressure on the Pakistan debutant.

The less overs SA bowl tomorrow the better..
I guess your right, having Steyn in the middle usually pumps him up too before he has to bowl, if Philander was there with Amla I would definitely bat.

I guess my biggest fear would be that Pakistan get in after lunch in a cozy afternoon session with the SA bowlers sweating it out, the morning session really helped Pakistan today getting three huge wickets.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
The current situation is ideal for Pakistan, even if the tail lasts another 20 overs and get 60-70 they should feel quite happy, thats if they can score 450-500.