• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reading some Wisden articles at the moment and I've come across the match fees for England test players in 1973. Not quite what they get these days isn't it?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgeinho was asked to trial for grade, so last night we went to the first session (indoor). Very impressive set up they have going. Hope he makes it, but if he doesn't it's a great learning experience for him.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now that O'Keefe's effectively ruled himself out by being a prat I wonder who's going to get the boosterism now?

Daemon

You are no longer allowed to be a fan of His Roundness
See that's the thing I love about him though. He's not athletic, is the lamest type of bowler (SLA), looks like a typical weekend 45 year old cricketer, can't really bat, from a minnow nation, etc and basically has all the ingredients to be boring as ****. But yet he's defied all odds and is the most all rounded player. Gotta love it.

TheJediBrah

See that's the thing I love about him though. He's not athletic, is the lamest type of bowler (SLA), looks like a typical weekend 45 year old cricketer, can't really bat, from a minnow nation, etc and basically has all the ingredients to be boring as ****. But yet he's defied all odds and is the most all rounded player. Gotta love it.
hehe ty men

Daemon

Has anyone other than Kohli ever averaged >50 in all three formats at any point in time?

Pre T20s I'm guessing Viv was the first to do it in Tests + ODIs

Last edited:

Daemon

Has anyone other than Kohli ever averaged >50 in all three formats at any point in time?

Pre T20s I'm guessing Viv was the first to do it in Tests + ODIs
Looks like it wasn't Viv. Best I can do is Dennis Amiss, who achieved the feat on 4 July 1974 at which point only 11 ODIs had ever been played.

vcs

Kohli managing it after quite a big sample size in all the formats is an excellent achievement.

OverratedSanity

Viv was averaging 54 in tests and 57 in ODIs in mid 1985. That's after 12 years of international cricket (80 tests and 109 ODIs)