cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3896
Like Tree2657Likes

Thread: Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

  1. #3736
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    22,662
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Could you elaborate on 'Involvement' ? I'm sorry if i missed it in your previous post. If covered, I shall re read it.
    How much they bat, bowl, have something to do in the game in general. Especially relative to the other kids in that game. If 5 kids of an XI are taking up all the action themselves with just 6 kids doing jack all, I want a way to prove that.

    Number of deliveries batted and bowled is a good start, but that leads to all the questions in my earlier post.
    wrongun likes this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

    The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

    iTunes
    SoundCloud

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

  2. #3737
    Cricketer Of The Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    9,667
    Cricket isn’t a sport.

    Cricket not a sport

  3. #3738
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Not surprising that cricketers would be particularly high risk. No other sport makes you stand in the summer sun for 6+ hours a day
    Road cycling, okay not standing but out in the open for that period of time.

  4. #3739
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    22,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Cricket isn’t a sport.

    Cricket not a sport
    Alexander Sorokin, a member of the Moscow Cricket Sports Federation, said the refusal was down to errors in its application for inclusion on the ministry's register.
    Lol

    cricket wasn't considered a sport in Spain till 2014 apparently


  5. #3740
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Cricket isn’t a sport.

    Cricket not a sport
    That does not surprise me at all. I was studying with a women of Russian background and we were in the cafe with cricket on the TV and she said cricket was not a sport. However she definitely thought chess was a sport.

  6. #3741
    Hall of Fame Member social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    16,566
    Guy in my team of old hacks brought along one of Lynn’s illegal bats today and a few of us batted with it

    Thinking behind it is that bottom of bat is generally dead so they shorten it by 1” or so and add weight to middle

    Just ridiculously powerful
    Last edited by social; 20-07-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    harsh.ag likes this.

  7. #3742
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    That does not surprise me at all. I was studying with a women of Russian background and we were in the cafe with cricket on the TV and she said cricket was not a sport. However she definitely thought chess was a sport.
    A majority of the people I come across in Australia don't consider cricket a sport either tbf.

  8. #3743
    International Regular aussie tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,860
    Having just visited Hellfire Pass in Thailand (memorial to WW2 Death Railway POW's), I feel sick reading the latest article about Paine whereby his getting hit in the face is compared to someone winning a VC.
    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/feat...ent/2019-07-21

    The sight of Paine hauling in a stunning one-handed catch just moments after being struck flush in the face by the ball, and with blood still [stream-ing] from his split upper lip, led Langer and the team to invoke memories of other great acts of bravery. Having visited World War One battlefields in France and Belgium en route to Britain, Paine was then dubbed 'Albert Jacka' in revered reference to the Australian serviceman who earned a Victoria Cross for his heroism in altogether more deadly circumstances at Gallipoli.

    This is why I like Keith Miller, ex WW2 fighter pilot so much...

    Miller's great quote when somebody asked him about pressure. 'Pressure,' he said. 'I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not'."
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 21-07-2019 at 09:41 AM.

  9. #3744
    Hall of Fame Member social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    16,566
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    Having just visited Hellfire Pass in Thailand (memorial to WW2 Death Railway POW's), I feel sick reading the latest article about Paine whereby his getting hit in the face is compared to someone winning a VC.
    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/feat...ent/2019-07-21

    The sight of Paine hauling in a stunning one-handed catch just moments after being struck flush in the face by the ball, and with blood still [stream-ing] from his split upper lip, led Langer and the team to invoke memories of other great acts of bravery. Having visited World War One battlefields in France and Belgium en route to Britain, Paine was then dubbed 'Albert Jacka' in revered reference to the Australian serviceman who earned a Victoria Cross for his heroism in altogether more deadly circumstances at Gallipoli.

    This is why I like Keith Miller, ex WW2 fighter pilot so much...

    Miller's great quote when somebody asked him about pressure. 'Pressure,' he said. 'I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not'."
    I generally find Langer’s attempts at motivation to be cringeworthy

    Might work for some people but I would tune him out if I was part of the team as it’s obviously rubbish

  10. #3745
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,322
    Made it as a top fan on the grade cricketer :’)

  11. #3746
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    65,476
    It'll do a bit early.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  12. #3747
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    17,865


    @zorax
    zorax likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  13. #3748
    International Coach mr_mister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    12,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Made it as a top fan on the grade cricketer :’)
    I'm a top fan for cricket related Simpson's quotes haha

    Refusing to accept my badge though
    cricket rules brah

  14. #3749
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,062
    Word of warning: they take the badge away after a while, I've just found out. I was top fan for a few pages and all of a sudden the badge is gone.

    Must be if you don't post often enough

  15. #3750
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,322
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Word of warning: they take the badge away after a while, I've just found out. I was top fan for a few pages and all of a sudden the badge is gone.

    Must be if you don't post often enough
    Good news, hopefully my top fan badge for pornhub disappears soon



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 06:31 AM
  2. Looking for a cricket related charity fund
    By Stapel in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  3. Cricket related coincidences / anomalies
    By IamSpartacus in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-06-2011, 10:04 PM
  4. Cricket Related Rhyming Slang
    By vic_orthdox in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-08-2006, 04:33 AM
  5. Is Your Batting Style Related To Any International Cricket????
    By cricket player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 30-11-2004, 05:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •