• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Midwinter

State Captain
Some interesting bowling actions:

There are a few variations on the Paul Adams actions. Is there a name for this style ?

Some of the others are just funny run ups

Froggy Thomson, the Australian opening bowler, should be in there, a good view of him bowling the first ball in this video

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
This might be a bit left field (isn't everything in this thread left field?) but the memory people have for cricket is astonishing on this site. In the best Australian captain thread for example, OverratedSanity recalled Ricky Ponting putting Cameron White on to bowl in a 2008 series which turned out to be a very bad decision. OS especially seems to have an astounding memory of matches, whereas I can barely recall the England vs India series. Is it normal for people to good memories in relation to cricket, or is it unusual?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only recall world cups with that much detail though I didn't pay that much attention to detail until recently

cnerd123

likes this
OS always has freakishly good memory. Even when it comes to CW memes and ****. I suspect he probably just remembers bits and pieces like the rest of us, but unlike us he does the hard work of looking up the details before he posts. But who knows, maybe he really is just one of those weirdos who can draw a whole map from memory.

cnerd123

likes this
Although TBF that Ponting not wanting to get hit with a slow over rate suspension and bowling rubbish part timers instead of Watson who was reversing it loads is something i recall too.

Daemon

This might be a bit left field (isn't everything in this thread left field?) but the memory people have for cricket is astonishing on this site. In the best Australian captain thread for example, OverratedSanity recalled Ricky Ponting putting Cameron White on to bowl in a 2008 series which turned out to be a very bad decision. OS especially seems to have an astounding memory of matches, whereas I can barely recall the England vs India series. Is it normal for people to good memories in relation to cricket, or is it unusual?
Yeah I have shockingly bad memory when it comes to this. Sometimes I pretend I've remembered something off hand when I've actually googled it.

vcs

I've got a pretty good memory about matches I've watched and players stats generally, I'd say.

Shame it's such a bloody useless thing to have a good memory for.

TheJediBrah

For some reason I have a great memory for matches from my first 5-6 years of following cricket, but since then I really don't remember much. Not sure if this is normal or not.