• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been informed that one of the young blokes trialing for gradethis year (good young cricketer fwiw) has gone out and bought a new blue helmet and put the Parra club logo on it. They're still in preseason trials,and no one knows who's been picked yet. Established protocol is that sort of thing isn't done until you're at least in thirds. Kid is going to get absolutely rinsed at training on Saturday.

SeamUp

International Coach
% of Test runs scored by top three bats for each country since 01/01/2017:
RSA 41.17%
Aus 40.09%
Ind 40.04%
NZ 38.60%
SL 37.69%
Ban 33.79%
WI 33.66%
Pak 32.86%
Eng 29.80%
Zim 25.64%

vcs

Kohli is scoring something like 20% of our runs away from Asia. The rest have improved slightly as the series progressed, but we've got nowhere near enough out of the openers in particular.

SeamUp

International Coach
To explain the Kohli getting out effect for India.

India's collapses after Kohli wicket
27/2 - 92/7
71/3 - 135 all out (Cape Town)
26/2 - 87/7 (Centurion)
97/2 - 187 all out (Jo’burg)
141/6 - 162 all out (Edgbaston)
49/3 - 107 all out
61/4 - 130 all out (Lord’s)
279/4 - 329 all out (Trent Bridge)
142/2 - 195/8
123/3 - 184 all out

vcs

Depressing stuff. I hope like with Tendulkar in the 2nd half of his career, a couple of the other batsmen step up to the next level and take some pressure off his shoulders. I feel they're trying their best but they're just not at his level away from home.

vcs

Vijay is probably a busted flush. Even Rahul looked much better than him this series, and Rahul was dire.

Burgey

% of Test runs scored by top three bats for each country since 01/01/2017:
RSA 41.17%
Aus 40.09%
Ind 40.04%
NZ 38.60%
SL 37.69%
Ban 33.79%
WI 33.66%
Pak 32.86%
Eng 29.80%
Zim 25.64%

That's a filthy indictment of England.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I remember on a thread a while ago after a lancs bowler took the hatrick of kw root and bairstow in the roses match and the discussion was has there ever been a better hatrick?
I'm reading a book at the moment and it mentions how in a semi final of the one day cup Mike Procter took 4 wickets in 5 balls including Greenidge and Barry Richards. Was this part of a hatrick and if so who was the 3rd victim?

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I remember on a thread a while ago after a lancs bowler took the hatrick of kw root and bairstow in the roses match and the discussion was has there ever been a better hatrick?
I'm reading a book at the moment and it mentions how in a semi final of the one day cup Mike Procter took 4 wickets in 5 balls including Greenidge and Barry Richards. Was this part of a hatrick and if so who was the 3rd victim?
Judging by this video, the sequence was Greenidge, (no wicket), Barry Richards, Trevor Jesty, John Rice.

Bijed

International Regular
Spikey posted this in the Australia Test Selection thread:

also the guy who pointed that out is a pokemon speed runner and i absolutely believe the pokemon speed runner would do a better job than langer
and now I'm determined to make as many cricketer/pokemon puns as possible. So far I've only got:

- Shaun Marshtomp (+Mitch/Geoff/Rod)
- Rhyhorn Harris
- Jackson Delibird
- Alan Mudkippax