• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else think that each team should be able to choose the ball of its liking? I've decided that the away team should be allowed to use whatever brand of ball they want rather than what the board of the country that they're playing in says they should use, as long as it meets the legal requirements for being a cricket ball. That way England could take the Duke's everywhere if they please (I remember Kookaburra claiming that the Dukes wouldn't swing here, though funnily enough it often still goes in the fortieth over in the Shield). Meanwhile Australia could take the Kookaburra ball to England with it's perceived benefits that CA can see but I can't. It might help level out the playing field between the teams' bowlers a little, and would also see some competition that might lead to the manufacturing of better balls.

Gnske

Just force everyone to have the dukes. The Kookaburra is honestly worthless.

Then again, the dukes propelled the career of Michael Neser.

Starfighter

Just force everyone to have the dukes. The Kookaburra is honestly worthless.
That's sort of the point. If England come down here and have the Dukes swinging like it has in the shield (though the test pitches are drier, which wears the ball more) it will make our graft with the Kookaburra seem pretty pointless. So either Australia starts using the Dukes or Kookaburra comes up with a better product. And if we think the Kookaburra's fine for us then we can see two sides maybe using different tactics, which should make for more interesting watching than 'bang it in short of a length for 80 overs'.

Then again, the dukes propelled the career of Michael Neser.
Every silver lining has a cloud.

mr_mister

Gordon Greenidge played in the first three world cup finals in '75, '79 and '83.

His three scores in those matches were 13(61), 9(31) and 1(12). An average of 7.6 striking at 22....

and people say Sachin choked on the big stage!

cnerd123

likes this
Umpiring at a Chinese Tapeball Cricket Tournament right now. The final is about to come up. We have like 6 teams of only Chinese players and it's been a great day out - lots of good cricket, lots of banter, lots of fun. We've had great catches, great shots, close matches, even a super talented eager little 7 year old playing lovely shots and bowling leggies with a beautiful action.

Lots of fun.

cnerd123

likes this
Final was a one sided blowout win for the underdog team - catches win matches folks

Just as we got done with the games and prize presentation it began to absolutely pour down. Got out of there ASAP. Fun day in the end.

cnerd123

likes this
To cap off the day, the talented 7 year old kid found and added me on Facebook. And his wall is all just cricket videos and posts hahaha. I love him I hope he plays cricket forever, he'll be a star for HK if he does.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're surprised that Daemon reads Dildo reviews? I'm not. I've always taken him as a man who does his research on the products he buys.
came across it on smart and cool cricket memes that don't toe the line