• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Shri

Mr. Glass
You post a lot.

And typically you post safe besides off topic forums.

Revered? You persuade me.

Don't insult me. Or I will insult you back when I feel like it.

Don't make a fool of yourself - you missed the whole section on Expert witnesses in every state of the common law and common wealth of Australia.

Fair's fair.

You go off topic - I will too.

I don't want to. But I am not a victim of yours, I defend myself.
Calm down.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Emus rule. So much character. Their mug is just screaming 'what the **** do YOU want?'. Look at this dude. Reminds me of Bryan Brown

f713159ec3788125c586deb3783e61fb.jpg

cnerd123

likes this
Fun fact: For all their flaws, a wild Emu is still far more pleasant to interact with than your regular untrained Australian cricket fan.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fun fact: For all their flaws, a wild Emu is still far more pleasant to interact with than your regular untrained Australian cricket fan.
Fun Fact: It's been proven by a Harvard Study that 100% of people with the username '*****' are ignorant when it comes to interacting with wild creatures

cnerd123

likes this
I've been around enough Australians to know that, no matter how bad the emus are, the Aussies are worse

And you guys couldn't even beat them in a war. FFS. Getting outsmarted by a bunch of birds. Can't say I'm surprised tbh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We followed Sun Tzu's Art of War. It didn't work out so well. I particularly like this commentary on the hostilities:

Summarising the culls, ornithologist Dominic Serventy commented:
The machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month.[SUP][13][/SUP]
On 8 November, representatives in the Australian House of Representatives discussed the operation.[SUP][6][/SUP] Following the negative coverage of the events in the local media,[SUP][14][/SUP] that included claims that "only a few" emus had died,[SUP][4][/SUP] Pearce withdrew the military personnel and the guns on 8 November.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][16][/SUP]
After the withdrawal, Major Meredith compared the emus to Zulus and commented on the striking manoeuvrability of the emus, even while badly wounded.
If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world... They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop.[SUP][12][/SUP]​

Actually, reading those passages, it seems the army was still following tactics devised by British Generals in WW1.