• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 4.0

Howe_zat

Audio File
Question 1 doesn't specify that the selected players has to have played Tests, just that their brother has. So a good sheep would be Billy Root or Gemma Broad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm going to give Pothas a little bit longer, until lunch in the cricket, but in the meantime questions 3,4 and 5 for people to have a think about.

Question 3.1 Select a cricketer who has had 15 or more not outs in their test career

Question 4.1 Select a cricketer who played for any of the sub-continental countries (Bang, Ind, Pak, SL) and retired before 01/01/2000.

Question 5.1 Select a cricketer who’s surname starts with A E I O or U – The Cricketer must have played for either Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, WI, Zim.

Just remember if the same player gets picked in 3.1 and 5.1, the person in 3.1 gets him. sheepdraft@gmail.com is my email address, ergo email me.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Did you exclude Asian sides from Q5 just to stop the argument over what a surname is? 'Cause I would have done.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did you exclude Asian sides from Q3 just to stop the argument over what a surname is? 'Cause I would have done.
I sure did (Q4). I just knew it would get confusing and I didn't want people debating whether Inzaman for instance has a surname which starts with I, U or H.

BTW Howe, ewe win the most entertaining email subject award. Coronis submit if you like.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
QUESTION 1 FINAL RESULTS
Howe - Ron Archer
Coronis - Andy Flower
Spikey - Mark Waugh
Fred - Graeme Pollock
Cabinet - James Pattinson
Watson - Subhash Gupte
Marcuss - WG Grace
Harsh - Steve Waugh
honest - Gary Kirsten
AndyZalt - Herbie Taylor
KingKallis - Morne Morkel

Justo = Trevor Chappell (James Pattinson, selected in 1.2)
Monk = Darren Pattinson (Alec Bedser's bro didn't play Tests)
Morgie = Edward Grace (Mark Waugh chosen in 1.2)
Pothas = Hamish Marshall (didn't select anyone)
BeeGee = AG Kripal Singh (Steve Waugh chosen in 1.2)

QUESTION 2 FINAL RESULTS
Howe - Maurice Leyland
Coronis - Javed Miandad
Monk - Greg Chappell
Fred - Bill Voce
Cabinet - Everton Weekes
Watson - Andy Roberts
Harsh - Ian Healy
honest - Ted Dexter
Pothas - Bob Willis
AndyZalt - Jack Blackham
KingKallis - Sunil Gavaskar
BeeGee - Bruce Reid

Justo = Terry Jarvis (Bob Willis)
Spikey = Mushrafe Mortaza (Bruce Reid, selected in 2.2)
Morgie = Chris Mpofu (Shane Warne, doesn't meet criteria)
Marcuss = Talha Jubair (Bob Willis)

Banned Players (so you are unable to select them either)
Richie Benaud, Greg Chappell, Colin Croft, Martin Crowe, Richard Hadlee, Neil Harvey, Jim Laker, Bill O'Reilly, Peter Pollock, Robin Smith, Garry Sobers.

I've decided to not put Warne or Bedser in the banned list as they didn't fit within the criteria.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne did meet the criteria - has 36 ducks.

EDIT: Turns out I lost my ability to read while researching. Nvm.

Last edited:

morgieb

Was the original guy I picked picked?

EDIT: Other people chose him anyway.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Was the original guy I picked picked?
Yep Bob Willis was picked too.

Hope you and Justo do better this round, tough to come back from 2 sheeps to start things, but surely it can be done with some luck.

The new questions again are:
Question 3.1 Select a cricketer who has had 15 or more not outs in their test career
Question 4.1 Select a cricketer who played for any of the sub-continental countries (Bang, Ind, Pak, SL) and retired before 01/01/2000.
Question 5.1 Select a cricketer who’s surname starts with A E I O or U – The Cricketer must have played for either Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, WI, Zim.

Y'have 24 hours from now to get your picks in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
awarded the very sheep i suggested. how ironic
You named so many names it just worked out that way. Happened with Morgie too in one of the rounds.

I used this generator thing and them the breaks, you did quite well with Mortaza IMO, all things considered.

Spikey

You named so many names it just worked out that way. Happened with Morgie too in one of the rounds.

I used this generator thing and them the breaks, you did quite well with Mortaza IMO, all things considered.
i would have killed for Shahid Afridi, Greg Blewett or Franklin tbh

morgieb

Decided to go out of the box this time around. Hopefully it works.

Don't go for big names here is the moral of the story.